Can you help me?

polishcarboy

Hello guys,

I'm renovating 1932 Airman, but it's a little bit problematic. I'm from Poland and i am probably the only one owner of Franklin automobile in my country, so i can not contact with anybody here. I'm looking for people, who got the same car like me, because i have not got a clue how to place some parts to make car looks the most original (like it was 90 years ago). I would be very greatful for anybody, who can help me. I just need some photos of chosen parts of car, so i'm gonna know how to correctly place everything. So guys, if u want to help me, i mean send some pictures or maybe giving me some pieces of advise, just write something bellow here, it would be perfect. 

I'm sorry for every mistake i've made writing this post, so if you dont understand something just ask me.

There are some photos of my Franklin

29748412_787682434764700_212089416_o.jpg

29828994_787682281431382_1761936137_o.jpg

29831145_787681901431420_642288810_o.jpg

29884217_787681431431467_1469003437_o.jpg

29955262_787682524764691_1329066744_o.jpg

• Like 1

Hi --- Very cool that you are restoring a Franklin in Poland.   How it got there and its history would be very appreciated to share.  I hope that one day you can write an article for the Club publication, "Air Cooled News".

Which brings to mind, I am the editor/writer of the newsletter -- Franklin Service Station.  I do not see you listed on my membership mailing list.  So I would recommend that you join the Franklin Club.  See www.franklincar.org

The reasons for joining is, first,  that you will have access to new and older publications, and through the Service Station you can post for whatever parts you are looking for or information you need.  But more importantly for you, you will receive the club roster of members.  I see no one in Poland, but there are 15 members throughout continental Europe including several "neighbors" in Germany and Latvia. You can also look up the names of other '32 Franklin owners.

Best of luck with the project.  Again, you certainly do have the coolest Franklin in Poland !

--Scott

Welcome to the world of Franklins. You will find that Franklin owners are very friendly and willing to share their knowledge. 

As Scott recommended above, the best thing you can do is to join the Franklin Club. You will get access to numerous articles, diagrams, factory drawings and a large, indexed Q&A database. Half of the questions you have are probably already answered there.

What part of Poland are you located? My mother was born just outside of  Krakow.   

I am the guy in Maine. You are ahead of my restoration. I will try to send some pictures. Mine is also Blue but on blue not black. Very close to the same colors though. It looks great and please join the club!!! What is you interior going  to be?  Cloth or leather?

Thank you all for your help guys ;D I have just joined to the franklin club members, as you adviced me. I'm very pleased that you react so fast, and if it is possible can you, Steve, send me some pictures of engine compartment? You can send it to me in private message or i can give u my email addres, as you prefer.

• Like 1