65 glovebox

jframe

Bought a new glovebox liner for my 65, and it is too deep. Hits the a/c ductwork in the dash. Anybody run into this before? It came from CARS, and the sales guy checked several others for me, all the same. Measures just a tad over 7 inches at deepest point, and is quite a bit deeper than my original.

13 hours ago, jframe said:

Bought a new glovebox liner for my 65, and it is too deep. Hits the a/c ductwork in the dash. Anybody run into this before? It came from CARS, and the sales guy checked several others for me, all the same. Measures just a tad over 7 inches at deepest point, and is quite a bit deeper than my original.

There is an AC and non AC version. The AC version is not as deep. Sounds like they sent the wrong one. 

Bill

47 minutes ago, Riviera63 said:

There is an AC and non AC version. The AC version is not as deep. Sounds like they sent the wrong one. 

Bill

Kinda what I thought. He looked at several, and told me they were all the same except for the color of the flocking. Guy on Ebay lists them as AC and non AC; got an inquiry in to him last night, so I'm waiting to see what he says. Put the old one back for now; it's not totally destroyed, but it HAS seen better days.