1934 Dodge Steering Wheel and Horn button assembly

Silverdome

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an extra steering wheel for a 35 Dodge pickup which looks similar to the one pictured above.  Similar condition, so if that one doesn't work out, let me know.  (I bought it for the horn parts).

For the horn wire, I found an NOS one on ebay that I believe was meant for a power wagon but worked great.  This should be the same as what I used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Dodge-WC-Weapons-Carrier-Horn-Button-Wire-G502-G507-NOS/182373745510?epid=662262709&hash=item2a76528366:g:cacAAOSwEzxYQLSG

Below are some pics of the horn assembly I installed on my truck

CIMG9863.JPG

CIMG9865.JPG

Edited by jimy
added info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, KLF said:

I've got a steering wheel. Some cracks in the rubber. These could be filled and the wheel painted. #100US plus shipping

Ken

P1060987 (Large).JPG

P1060988 (Large).JPG

P1060990 (Large).JPG

I have been wrestling with mine for a week what the easiest way to get them off the column.? Well oiled, lubed, etc made a make shift puller but still no dice, suggestions welcomed, 

They are tough to get off. On mine I drilled and tapped to holes, 1/4-20 I think??, and used a puller. Drill into the steel hub section. The horn button covers it afterwards.

Ken

On 5/22/2018 at 12:05 AM, KLF said:

They are tough to get off. On mine I drilled and tapped to holes, 1/4-20 I think??, and used a puller. Drill into the steel hub section. The horn button covers it afterwards.

Ken

Thanks,