Yard Art in Montana

Mark Huston

I am pretty certain that I have seen this car on Craigslist , I believe the description was original, minimal rust, all the hard work done, easy restoration or rat rod

• Like 3

Wow, the Building Department in my city would have a field day with that. Any non registered and unlicensed vehicle may not be visible from the street and will be fined.

• Like 1

Years ago as a telephone technician in a farming community,Ridgefield Washington I was on a farm fixing lines and noticed that this guy had about 20 old non running tractors lined up in a row. I figured as they wore out he parked them and bought another. After fixing the phone problem I was talking to the guy who was 82 then about a tractor not in the line up. It was a Massey Ferguson that was really dilapidated and rusty. I asked whatcha doin with that old tractor? My wife would like a piece for yard art. He bristled up a bit and said,Son that is a working tractor I use every day around here it’s not a decoration for your lawn! Oops ?He told me off!

There is an old Ford pick up of early vintage decorating a neighbors front gate.

The previous owner of the place had the headlights coming on at night years ago.

The new owner is a car guy too and this is a big part of the reason he bought the place.

18 hours ago, sligermachine said:

I tried that yard art in CA. I got a parking ticket.  -kyle

Here in my little home town of Galt, California there is an old home with a large shop building in front surrounded by a freeway and commercial buildings.  The guy likes old trucks and tractors.  He has a couple that have been turned into large planters on either side of his property up near the road.  

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

Edited by Mark Huston (see edit history)

That C mack reminds me of a time when I painted one for a customer that wanted to use it as an advertisement.

Much later someone asked why I hadn't painted the doors. 

I stated because there are no doors.

He then grabbed hold of one and lifted it up into position!

Opp's!

Ps, I was rewarded for the paint job with a 1924 Autocar.

Edited by Roger Walling (see edit history)

On 3/29/2018 at 8:34 PM, Mark Huston said:

Here in my little home town of Galt, California there is an old home with a large shop building in front surrounded by a freeway and commercial buildings.  The guy likes old trucks and tractors.  He has a couple that have been turned into large planters on either side of his property up near the road.  

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

And my timeworn favorite, "Restoration started with new tires." Both Macks belong to the same collector, seen here in Charlotte at the SE Spring Meet in 2010 and 2016.

TG

21 Mack AC Benson 2XT.jpg

25 Mack AB BensonXT.jpg

• Like 1