DB bolts

Mpgp1999

On 3/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, Mpgp1999 said:

I am looking for original DB bolts.  Just another one of those find details to make everything original. 

matthew 

Any particular size you are looking for?

Picture 22279.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Any particular size you are looking for?

Interesting. The bolts on my '33 Plymouth have "DB" in a circle on them too. But on mine the logo is centered on the bolt. I'd have to go out a paw through my stash, but I think the logo size varies depending on the size of the bolts.

So did the DB logo'd bolts change their design over the years? If so, does anyone know what the history is?

A while back I did a web search and found a bolt manufacturer, I think in the Pacific Northwest, who could make bolts with custom markings on the heads. Too big a minimum order for me, but I wonder if the Dodge Brother's Club or a vendor for early Dodge parts might be able to swing the minimum order for a number of common bolt sizes.

IMG_20180330_150956.jpg

Edited by ply33
Add photo (see edit history)

1 hour ago, 27dodger0 said:

On my 27, I have DB bolts, regular type bolts, and bolts with square nuts!!  Being the end of Dodge Brothers, and going to Chrysler, maybe they installed what they had, and out sourced the regulars???

My car was built 5 years after Chrysler took over Dodge and yet still had DB logos on the hex headed bolts. Pretty sure that every bolt that looked original on my car had a DB logo on it. But now that I think about it, I recall some square headed bolts on the car without any markings. Maybe the hex head hardware was manufactured at the Dodge Brothers foundry while the square headed bolts were purchased from an outside supplier.

Since all, or almost all, of the bolts on a Plymouth in 1933 had DB logos, I am a bit surprised that any bolts on a '27 Dodge, built prior to Chrysler's take over, had plain bolts.

19 minutes ago, ply33 said:

My car was built 5 years after Chrysler took over Dodge and yet still had DB logos on the hex headed bolts. Pretty sure that every bolt that looked original on my car had a DB logo on it. But now that I think about it, I recall some square headed bolts on the car without any markings. Maybe the hex head hardware was manufactured at the Dodge Brothers foundry while the square headed bolts were purchased from an outside supplier.

Since all, or almost all, of the bolts on a Plymouth in 1933 had DB logos, I am a bit surprised that any bolts on a '27 Dodge, built prior to Chrysler's take over, had plain bolts.

My car was completely restored in the 80s by somebody who did not know what a wrench is. They replaced everything and I am trying to get it back to factory Original. By replacing the wires with the proper cloth ones and a cloth wiring harness. And anything else that is not factory original.  

My late 1927 also had a mix.  It looks like all the Engine, chassis and drive train ones had the DB logo.  The body ones seemed to be different (and had more square nuts too) but probably because my body was made/fitted in Australia.  Some of the body ones had other logos but not sure if these were original or not (I think the B&S ones may have been robbed from a lawnmower).

245D823D-2943-478C-8440-E7571C317EE0.thumb.jpeg.6fb6826036b4a0975c7839599f1b9a72.jpeg

5A1DB68F-F380-4E0B-B435-6F8A7C21C776.thumb.jpeg.0dc6986acb2de1ac47374214ffb5726a.jpeg

B092F303-8AAE-486F-8B2C-8699CAE3CC3A.thumb.jpeg.6900b87ef86b5abd7d043716b731aea1.jpeg