1961 Buick LeSabre Estate Wagon (Not Mine)

Centurion

This one got my imagination running today, and, if I had limitless funds, I'd be all over it.

But what struck me about this almost-never-seen model is that it appears to have a standard Invicta-level interior, which I had not believed to be available in any '61 LeSabre, including the Estate Wagon.

I'm wondering what Buick and Ionia Body Mfg. might have been willing to build as a special order for a '61 Estate Wagon customer.  Any thoughts on this one?

https://nmi.craigslist.org/bar/d/1961-buick-lesabre-wagon/6542068070.html

lesestate-1.jpg

lesestate-2.jpg

lesestate-3.jpg

lesestate-4.jpg

Power windows and six way power seats!  And since it is sitting on snow, obviously dropped where it sits.  Would it have killed em to pump up the tires?  But I agree Brian.  I would love to have this one! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

I thought 1961 Estate wagons were based on the Invicta but I do not have my references with me.

While all of the full-size wagons were Invictas in 1962 and 1963, the sole full-size 1961 wagon was in the LeSabre series.  And, in fact, the LeSabre nameplate appears on the tail gate of the wagon currently offered for sale.

But the discussion of wagon interiors from the 1961 Buick prestige brochure has answered my question.  While an all-vinyl interior was standard in the Estate Wagon, a custom interior option was available in the two-seat wagon.  The "Braeburn Cloth" and vinyl interior is the same as that used in the Invicta series cars.

lesabre wagon-1.jpg

lesabre wagon-2.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KongaMan said:

" NOT MUST RUST FOR AGE" :D  Dunno how much rust he thinks a car this age should have, but this one certainly seems to have an adequate amount.

Yes, so, while this is, in my estimation, a very desirable car, the rust makes it a  bigger project than I could want or afford to take on.  

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
19 minutes ago, jonnybobo said:

I have this car now. Hard to find parts . Anyone  could tell me where to look

Welcome here!  Really hoping that folks here can help point you in the right direction to save this car.  Can you tell us specific items that you need?