Boy, do I want this....

Steve9

Wow, that's some project!  By the looks of the forms/bucks, it appears that the builder is producing his own sheet metal shapes (fenders etc.).  That's way above my skill level; however, best of luck to whomever purchases this project.

Steve,

If you wind up with this project, keep us in the loop.

Cheers,

Grog

Steve, I hope you have a complete shop with shears, shapers, English wheel, power hammers and a 55 gallon drum of hundred dollar bills. HUGE project.

That's HIS project. Unless someone comes along with the exact same taste (unlikely) what you have is a collection of parts. Whatever the chassis frame and engine are worth is what it is worth plus whatever original Packard parts he has lying around. Nowhere near $15000 either way.

• Like 1

Throw a couple of vacuum cleaner bags of dirt on it, turn off the lights to take the pictures, and say you can't remember if the hand written receipt said Bohmam or Schwartz. You will hear them shloshing in their wet pants running to see it.

But it is probably a better quality build than those '30's guys did in caves. It just needs some period hardware and a straight eight. I am on my way to a birthday party where four of my MIG welding Nephews will be. They can do better today that those blacksmiths who used lead for frosting on their work.

Snohomish? Did Gene Wilder say that word in the Willy Wonka script?

Bernie

• Haha 1

Hey Guy's,

Be kind about Snohomish!!!! It's the antique capitol of the pacific northwest.A quaint little town right on the Snohomish river. There is an airport, a lumber mill, lots of taverns, a real honest to god police department, and a Ford dealer since 1933 still owned by the same family, rural America to a tee. I live less than 5 miles from Snohomish and often go there for a real full service hardware store with a nut and bolt selection 2nd to none. I was there last Friday and purchased 6 -11/16th's black hi crown castellated nuts. Try that at your hardware store!!!!!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

• Like 3

Sometimes a buildup of small taverns along rivers can impede gene flow in an area. Some of that going on in the little town we had lunch in today.

Actually I am on Greg Walden's email newsletter and pronounce the state's name as Oragin.

Interesting about the airport. Is the old saying true "If you are flying into the Snohomish Airport you probably live in Snohomish"?

Here's a friend up at Ledgedale Airpark, about two miles away. Google that one!

image.thumb.png.e643506f2e38726d9e98896444744db8.png

Bernie

I found Snohomish to be quite friendly.

I took my Rat Rod up there for their local down town car show a few years ago.

I had not pre registered and was sitting in a long line waiting in the pouring rain while the pre regs drove by to the front of the line.

A guy pulled up next to me and asked if I was waiting to get registered, Duhh.

But he said that he liked my car and his buddy wasn't able to make it and offered me his spot. Now that's a nice guy.

I parked next to him and bought him lunch.

When they called me up for the best rat rod trophy they bragged up a Volkswagen "Thing". The guy whose registration I rode in on.

28 Dodge project 025.jpg

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2018 at 12:15 PM, 60FlatTop said:

Sometimes a buildup of small taverns along rivers can impede gene flow in an area. Some of that going on in the little town we had lunch in today.

This may have been the case decades ago, but with the population explosion in the greater Seattle area, Snohomish is now a suburban community. 

On 3/24/2018 at 11:53 AM, Rusty_OToole said:

That's HIS project. Unless someone comes along with the exact same taste (unlikely) what you have is a collection of parts. Whatever the chassis frame and engine are worth is what it is worth plus whatever original Packard parts he has lying around. Nowhere near $15000 either way.

Exactly ....

Jim

Yes it is a suburban community, but one still surrounded by farmland. I might say a place where past and the present collides head on, but still able to maintain some of old time character of the area. In spite of the fact that there is no AACA chapter within 800 miles, it's always interesting  how many people from the Pacific Northwest come together on the forum.-Bill

Like myself many of us Pacific Northwestern'ers are not joiners, we are lurkers. If an event ques our interest we just may show up. My cars from a 1907 thru 1994, from a 2 cylinder Reo to a V-12 Ferrari. I don't belong to any specific car  club, just the AACA life member, HCCA life member, MTFCA . I have no interest in going to boring senseless meetings. I prefer playing with and restoring my cars.

That is why very few regional groups flourish or succeed in the Northwest, my humble opinion.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

p/s sadly the caleefornicators are moving here in droves. It saddens us locals to see housing developments taking over dairy and  farm lands.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, brasscarguy said:

I have no interest in going to boring senseless meetings. I prefer playing with and restoring my cars.

Amen. This Saturday is the first local meeting of the Cadillac Club this season. I am really looking forward to it. Since 1994, when I first joined, this is the club I come home from meetings and really feel like it was all about cars.

I haven't owned a Cadillac since around the turn of the century, but I got back into that club because I enjoyed it. I had been looking for a collector/driver level Cadillac for about a year and a half. I didn't find the one that rang the bell. We'll see what the future brings.

Bend, Oregon seems to be THE city for old people relocating. I need to get up there and scout around.

A little over ten years ago I had this shipped to me in New York. It was previously testing in a garage in Federal Way, WA.

Some good old cars out there.

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.56fb9b77ee5fe8a8866621164e4a0ba0.JPG