Temperture gauge failure

TCGuy90

5 hours ago, TCGuy90 said:

My temp gauge is currently inoperable and since i have no mechanical experience i would like to ask if there is any way to fix this...Thank you very much TCguy90

You no doubt have a 90 TC with the 3.0L engine, HUH?

The first thing I recommend you do is the following.

Replace the THERMOSTAT.  The Japanese manufactured original thermostat has a tendency to physically BREAK. This causes the engine to run cold at all times.

You could do a little experiment before you attempt this replacement, that would be to start the engine and just let it run until the radiator cooling fan comes on. Be sure the A/C is turned off. Keep an eye on the temperature gauge. If it works, it will raise to the second smaller line and the fan will come on. If that happens, the temperature gauge is OK and the thermostat is defective.fullsizeoutput_1377.thumb.jpeg.020b87eb0e672b0cbd814aeb14991d00.jpeg

1 hour ago, TCGuy90 said:

well im getting heat,but the needle doesnt move even after running for 10 minutes,maybe its a sensor or a wire?

Temperature sending unit next to thermostat housing

That is very possible, check that the single wire connector is in place. Located to the left of the thermostat housing in this picture.

Are there any codes stored in the computer? Does the radiator fan ever come on by itself like it's supposed to? Does the upper radiator hose actually feel warm?

I agree with Hemi, the OEM thermostat is kinda crap. The one in my '90 Daytona came out in 3 pieces in 1996!

6 hours ago, TCGuy90 said:

I have no idea as i haven't tried looking under the hood yet, but i will check later, but earlier today the gauge had moved up to the bottom line in Hemi's first picture after running for at least 15 minutes 

It takes an engine at least 8 miles of normal driving to come up to temperature when a 195 degree thermostat is functioning correctly, so as I wrote, let it run until the radiator cooling fan comes on, even if that takes an hour. You will see that the gauge works and the problem is as Garnet & Gold has told you.  Replace the thermostat with a STANT 195 degree thermostat!