71 Insulator Bent (Radiator/Shroud)???

Chimera

Working on getting the 71 running.

The shroud fan impedes the shroud and is broken. What I think may have happened is that someone that transported the vehicle before I purchased may have hit a bad bump while towing, causing the Radiator support insulator to bend, causing the shroud not to fit correct.

Does anyone have any pictures for me to compare or and opinion on this?

Once I get this alignment fixed I can then move forward in bring a car back that was parked for many years (Triple black 71 GS).

Thank you for any points.

Insulator.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.41.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.43.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.43.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.43.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.43.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.44.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.44.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.45.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.45.11 PM.png

• Like 1

Bottoms of rad supports seem to take a fair amount of abuse from people hooking a chain to them or trying to jack the car up on it. they are a challenge to get straightened out due to the construction and heavy gauge of steel. I've already had to cut the bottom section out and weld in an undamaged straight section.

I can't remember, is that a bucket seat car?

It has the delux interior 6-way bench. Chances are though if it had the console, it would have been grabbed before I got to the scene. Still has the blue plate and original dealer metal frame. Loaded, except no accu-drive or sun roof. Looks like original paint. Southern California beauty. Full spectrum numbers matching.

Batman Wishes he rolled this.

Beyond the cracked dash it is in great shape. Original spare included. Which makes sense for a low mile one family owned vehicle. Not sure why the dash is so weathered. Maybe sun damage? 8-tracks of oldie-but-goodie found in trunk!

71 trunk.jpg

rear.jpg

seats.jpg

seatsrear.jpg

window.jpg

When the fan hits the bottom of the fan shroud you have collapsed motor mounts. We see this all the time 

in my shop, most recently two weeks ago on a 96 Buick Roadmaster. Over the years I've probably seen this two hundred times on rear wheel drive cars

with fans running off the water pump.