Looking for oil filter adapter for spin on oil filter

4 hours ago, 1956322 said:

I'm using one of those.. No problems.. Allows me to use wix 51060 filter..I run the XP version 51060xp

The spin on conversion? Been thinking about it myself, but then you lose the challenge of not trying to dump the canister when it pops loose at the top.

Does that filter have a built in bypass valve? I feel you would have to remove the stock bypass valve and seal it up to get the most from the conversion.

Edited by Beemon (see edit history)

I don't really mind the canisters but when I originally bought the car years ago it was already converted to spin on..I do still have the canister set up but no need to convert back.. This filter does not have a bypass valve.. There are filters that are just like this one but with a bypass...I  don't  see the need as most are set at about double the spec of the original still installed one anyways

• Like 1

I don't believe that  the original 59 adapter will fit the 322 engine, because the 59 has three bolts and the 322 uses four bolts.

Am I right or wrong?

The guy who build this nice adapter doesn't accept money by paypal. Sending money is not safe and sending a a money order or check will cost me an extra Bank charge of $50.

Is anybody willing to help me out. Maybe you Beemon? I can send money by paypal from Germany and someone can order it to his home address and send it to me? It's only a question.

Thanks Thomas

Greetings Tom 

The 59-60 oil filter adapter is a direct bolt on. Yes you only use 3 bolts not 4. Use the gasket for the 59-60 engine.rps20180322_225902.jpg.5b6dacca17ddf97cf0389053e2d2c187.jpgWinter will end about the 3rd of July, LoL! then I'll go back out and get some more of these. 60.00+shipping. Germany? Hmmmm.

rps20180322_230104_241.jpg.fa2826c46a7052a186b3cf93f178b9f8.jpgrps20180322_230316.jpg.00bdcc17eb69d0b5a9b1c3fa10d7b94d.jpg

We can only hope that was a weather joke! This time of year our patience with winter was worn out about two months ago! Another snow storm predicted 2nite. Oh Goodie!

On 3/23/2018 at 5:53 PM, Airy Cat said:

I kept all of my Buicks with the factory oil filter.  I could say more, but I won't.

What kind of agravateing mind game are you trying to play?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if "purists" read the running "modifications" in the service bulletin books printed by th First Bhick modifiers, the factory engineers, as they found the "original" designs needed to be updated! The GS guys go so far as to find the build date, then buy the book printed at the time appropriate for the month of manufacture of their car! Lord save us. Perfection is a laudable goal, not a reality! More power 2 ya! Cars are the best they'll be the moment restoration is done! Its down hill ever after, so Im ganna halfta get one o them big plastic climate controlled bags or have it cryogenically frozen, oh my, better buy a backup generator case of power loss, hope it starts when needed, maybe another to backup the backup....

Yes I am! I'm a man of means, by no means, King of the road! My good friend and cousin and his wife have graciously offered, in spite of those wanted posters in the post office, to be our hosts for lodging while visiting Denver. Yes, they will be nominated for sainthood! I've arranged for Angels to sing at their bedposts. I don't know who decided to allow modified, but I've heard that if you can adapt to change you won't make it. Maybe so it goes with the Buick club. It would seem some have been drug screaming and kicking to this compromise about modifieds, but like the civil war, in some cases the issue continues to be prosecuted! I just love all the Buicks, even the ones I don't, I'm so glad someone else does enuff to care for them and like yo Momma toad ya, don't have nothin' good to say...... So I'd like to recommend, CHILL! Like the things you like and let some others do the same, Americas' already great for that! Hmm, 1968 again, peace brothers! Let's have phun in Denver!

• 4 weeks later...