1920s closed car

bwenglish@hotmail.com

I think that there are two different cars pictured. 

In the first you can plainly see the winged radiator cap of a Chrysler and the front fenders support.

Leif, in the second picture the rear fender does not look like a match for the Chrysler’s and it plus the third picture shows an aftermarket radiator cap instead of the winged one.

In the third picture the radiator shell does not look like it has the Chrysler shape but it could be the odd angle...

I still think that there are two different cars pictured, the first being a '25 Chrysler.

I agree with Mark. The car in the second and third pictures is not the same one as in the first picture. The motometer can be seen in both of the lower photos. It is smaller and not winged. 

In the second photo the rear wheel appears to be a disc wheel. I don't think Chrysler offered disc wheels at that time. Also, there is no cowl light visible in the second picture.

This is really helpful. I think the steel wheels and radiator caps are big clues. 

Surprisingly similar beltlines on those two cars. The metal frame around the window is narrower right above the upper beltline on the Chevy, which does match the second and third photo. I think it can't be a '28 though, as the infant in the third picture was born in 1927. 

Looks like both the Chevy and the Chrysler pictures that have been added have cowl lights, and I think I can see a cowl light in the second picture behind the boy's head (that's the infant that is in the third picture).

Chev is probably right for #2 and #3. They look to have "Jaxon" rim clamps/wedges, used by many GM divisions. I don't believe WPC ever used Jaxon wheels.

Definitely two different cars.

First picture is a Chrysler but later than 1925. The headlights do not have the peak on them as shown in the '25 picture. The lights show this car to be a 1928 model 72 royal, which was introduced by Chrysler in July of 1927. As with most American cars even today, the next year's models come out after July.

The second and third pictures are a Chevrolet; the bullet shape lights date this as either a 1927 or '28.

Incidentally, there was a 1924 Chrysler model B,in the Chrysler museum with disc wheels. Disc wheels were available on Chryslers but seldom seen. I think they were a special order item.

Viv.

After blowing up the first photo the car has a tubular front axle that was used on the Model 70 - "B & G". The later 1925s and Model 70 G  had cowl lights.

The Model 60 "H" had an I beam axle and cowl lights.

The head light rims have a lot of glare where the peaks would be in the photo.

The second car looks like a Chevy with a short hood.