Ford full classic?

CatBird

5 hours ago, trimacar said:

In a word, no.  If you had a custom bodied Ford by another body manufacturer, you might apply for that particular car to be accepted, but the chances are very slim.

Any of the coachbuilt European bodied Ford chassis would be accepted.  There are a few floating around.

8699450347_58477bc642_b.jpg

• Like 1

There is a 1936 one off roadster thats never been seen before in the shop of a good friend. (European Body) Very neat car, and I'm quite sure you will see it at Pebble in 19 or 20. 

• Like 1

I agree, as I stated in the first post on this thread, any custom bodied Ford might be considered by the CCCA classification committee.  By custom body, of course, that means a period body builder, not a home built.

Other than Brewster, there are only 5 Fords listed in the 2016 CCCA roster (the closest to hand I had was the 2016).  It does not state body builders, but have to assume as stated above custom period bodies.

On 3/19/2018 at 12:18 PM, alsancle said:

Any of the coachbuilt European bodied Ford chassis would be accepted.  There are a few floating around.

8699450347_58477bc642_b.jpg

I think there is at least one European Bodies Convertible Victoria that is CCCA "by exception" classified (ex. perhaps one pictured above is).   The CCCA is generally very helpful with inquires if you would like to try to get a car classified.  There is a LeBaron bodied Model A originally owned by Edsel Ford that I certainly would try to get classified and doubtful it survived but Gordon Buehrig built a custom bodied Model A convertible Victoria and it certainly would be worth a try too. 

The touring was designed by Ralph Roberts at LeBaron, it is a CCCA Classic. The speedster MAYBE but not definite. (If it’s a ford factory custom job not likely, if built at Murrary and done by a known designer with documentation it would probably be acceptable.)  The Roadster is unlikely. The speedster has always been an intact car, the touring car was extensively modified over the years, but looks like it was put back to it’s original configuration.......and it appears to be well done.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

The Barcelona firm of Mateu, Marrugat y Cia. is known for their coachbuilt Hispano-Suizas, Elizaldes and busses, so it may be a bit of a stretch to get this 7-passenger 1935 Ford recognized by the CCCA. That is, if you could even find one.

1D0F60FC-E297-468D-9702-F19D86FF6159.jpeg.c5f69cb1be3b5a73209255dcef1be6d4.jpeg

Found in the October 1935 issue of Revista Ford, published in Barcelona.

image.jpeg.4fa644f8b632930346c61c46a35d9aa8.jpeg

From the Emilio Polo Archive, Limassol, Cyprus.

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 3