Finally got my Riv

Garysriv

3 hours ago, Garysriv said:

I have a 65 Corvair Corsa turbo, a 67 GTO ram air frame off car, and always wanted a 65 Riv to complete my trifecta.  Today I got it.  I am the third owner of a loaded 83k mile garage kept '65 Riv!

65 riv front.jpg

Ooohhh....looks like a vinyl top car?

Tom

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

Awesome car.......congrats and welcome to the forum......the first gold with black top 65 I've ever seen.....

the interior looks amazing. Is that original paint?

Yes, original everything.  The guy bought it used in 72,  since then didn't put many miles on, sat in garage.

2 hours ago, Hazdaz said:

Talk to us about the Corvair.  I've been eyeing 2nd gen coupes for a while now.

Nice looking Riv too.  That's my absolute favorite interior color.

Corvair is a 65 corsa turbo, just finished the motor rebuild,  should be driving today

20171022_163749.jpg

20180312_065630.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SBRMD said:

How about 411 on the GTO?

GTO is a 67 frame off I did.  Didn't get the original motor, so I put in a 455 with aluminum heads, and factory ram air tray.  4 speed car. Put a 323 posi in.  Factory color mariner turquois. Also added vintage air.

20170930_082632.jpg

20170220_134247-1.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Garysriv said:

Yes, original everything.  The guy bought it used in 72,  since then didn't put many miles on, sat in garage.

Corvair is a 65 corsa turbo, just finished the motor rebuild,  should be driving today

20171022_163749.jpg

20180312_065630.jpg

Love it.  I gotta get me "America's Porsche" one of these days while prices are still reasonable.

6 minutes ago, Hazdaz said:

Love it.  I gotta get me "America's Porsche" one of these days while prices are still reasonable.

The red tubing running along the intake is methanol injection.  When it senses positive manifold pressure it starts spraying.....

3 hours ago, Garysriv said:

GTO is a 67 frame off I did.  Didn't get the original motor, so I put in a 455 with aluminum heads, and factory ram air tray.  4 speed car. Put a 323 posi in.  Factory color mariner turquois. Also added vintage air.

20170930_082632.jpg

20170220_134247-1.jpg

Love it.

Edited by SBRMD (see edit history)

On 3/17/2018 at 7:59 AM, Garysriv said:

Was hit in the back so have to fix that.  Original paint.  Air, power windows, power seat, cruise, speed warning, 

20180316_080711.jpg

Saw the pics from the Indiana ad. Wonder why it had a Mecum license plate on it?? Just an FYI, not possible to have cruise AND the speed alert. Speedo head accomodates speed alert (standard equipment) or the cruise control option.

Tom

9 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Saw the pics from the Indiana ad. Wonder why it had a Mecum license plate on it?? Just an FYI, not possible to have cruise AND the speed alert. Speedo head accomodates speed alert (standard equipment) or the cruise control option.

Tom

It definitely has cruise, I thou g t it had speed alert because there's a knob on the speedo and an arm with a yellow dot.  Is that how you set the cruise?