Opel Manta Rally front end sheet metal.

Buffalowed Bill

I have been cleaning out a garage at a former rental. I found, just the vary front portion of an Opel Manta Rally, that my, then, 16yo nephew, and a friend parted out, almost forty years ago. I believe that the car was a 1972 or 73. I'm posting this in hopes that there might be someone out there that needs something like this for a project car. There is no bumper or grille, but there was one of the unique running lights, which I think Mary is putting on eBay. The sheet metal is solid with only vary slight body damage. The bracing is all intact and undamaged, with original paint and everything is absolutely rust free . The front end  was somewhat rudely cut, and separated from the body, about two feet back of the vary front of the car, leaving part of the inner fender and a stub of the sub-frame. There are also nice hood hinges. 

I'm just trying to find out if there is any need for this. I just want to find a good home for this. I really would rather not have to scrap it.-Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thank's Larry for the response. I had about given up the idea that my inquiry would get any kind of response. I'm not vary good at posting pictures, but could Email same to anyone interested. My better half and I were thinking something around $200. Little enough for saving this for more then 35 years! Any close reasonable offer is better then scrapping it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:25 PM, Buffalowed Bill said:

Larry,

Way tardy on this one, thought I had responded. Because of your help I was able to sell the sheet metal. Passing it on to someone who could use it was more important then the money. 

Thank's

Bill

Glad to help.  Anytime.