Tom Laferriere

1935 Lincoln K - Series 541 Sedan

I would buy off here,  especially from certain members because of their track record.  Just seems every time Something nice comes along,  I don't have the funds.  I've had inquiry and even a visit or two from Forum members for cars I have had for sale,  I just never had a sale materialize.  Good exposure for the price, and you never know.   Tom posts some truly wonderful cars on here.  The type I would expect to see when I scan the classifieds on this site. 

8 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I have seen a few cars sold on this site. It just has to be the right car and buyer.

I agree, and of course this is the case in all old car deals. 

Think of it this way, how many people follow the AACA forums religiously (and I don't mean once on Sunday).  200?  500?  1000?

When you advertise a car for sale, the chances that one of those, let's optimistically say, 1000, wants THAT car at THAT price, are slight.  You need to reach 10,000, 20,000, or more people, to reach that right car and buyer!!

Of course, there are some of us who fall in love with everything, and our wives tell us "glad you're not rich, it'd all go to the old cars"......

• Like 2

Amen David.  In addition to the 35 here, in the last week I fell in like with an MG TC, a 61 Lincoln Continental sedan & Lincoln Connies 41 & 48.  It takes a while, but not too long, to advance to love.  At least none of these are projects so I have learned something...  

• Haha 1

OK, I'm back to wanting this car and trying to make it happen. Tom, tell me about its road-worthiness. The history is nice, but is this a running, driving, usable car that doesn't have expensive, scary stuff in its near future? My Buick 90 is laid up, my '29 Cadillac is slow, and I'd like something in-between. 

Go for it Matt, even a desperately cheap Canadian like my self knows this car is a great deal.

Greg in Canada

21 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

OK, I'm back to wanting this car and trying to make it happen. Tom, tell me about its road-worthiness. The history is nice, but is this a running, driving, usable car that doesn't have expensive, scary stuff in its near future? My Buick 90 is laid up, my '29 Cadillac is slow, and I'd like something in-between. 

Its running, driving very nicely.  Previous owner claims the motor was rebuilt, however I have no documents to say otherwise.  It runs on all 12 and is very smooth.  Brakes nicely, motor is quiet with no noises or smoke.  Its missing its horns, so it will give you something to look for at Hershey.  The speedometer is not working.  Tires are Denman, in nice condition, but older.  

Hope this helps.

44 minutes ago, Tom Laferriere said:

Tires are Denman, in nice condition, but older. 

Swap those tires out for some Bedford blackwalls and the car sells tomorrow.  

As a neutral third party,  I have seen this car in person and it is very cool. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 12:13 PM, alsancle said:

Swap those tires out for some Bedford blackwalls and the car sells tomorrow.  

The overall color scheme is actually rather handsome but lose the whitewalls fast!  Such an eyesore on can otherwise good looking car. 

• Like 1

Not every car had blackwalls either.  Often some of the flashier cars had whitewalls back in the day.  It was just an accessory to show one's success in life,  unlike today where you aren't suppose to show off your success because someone who hasn't figured life out will be offended. 

I say keep the white walls. 

• Like 1

Seeker as usual a great take on it, but when replacement time comes i might go blackwall on this one.  Matt, we were interested in this one also, but not enough to start twisting Tom's arm.  Give it some thought, sure is an interesting car!

Beautiful car!

For those who prefer the black wall look (a quick photo-shop job).

I can see your point, I think it looks more period correct as well.

linc.jpg

• Like 2

Looks way too much like a Nazi Staff car with the black walls.   I think being all dark tones without alot of chrome,  you need the whitewalls to make it pop.  Kind of blends in with the parking lot with black walls.  I thought I would add the original photos so you can see the comparison side by side.

5aa9715b9b488_1935LincolnKSedan-12.thumb.jpg.895aa3a34e149cdb5cfec9c5f13bfe62.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whitewalls are OK if they are white on both sides.  Single sided white walls  were not available until 1939. 

Personally I think black walls draw attention to the car not the tires.  It is a blond brunet thing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Curti said:

Whitewalls are OK if they are white on both sides.  Single sided white walls  were not available until 1939. 

Personally I think black walls draw attention to the car not the tires.  It is a blond brunet thing.

Curt,  just to clarify a bit,  whitewalls are like a brunette wearing a big blonde wig.   At least the tires on Tom's Lincoln have a decent trade pattern.  I could probably live with them if I had to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The fact that such a nice car for so little money baffles me, it’s not a three window limo..........the car has nice lines, good color, sidemount covers, and seems to be a sorted driver. What more could someone ask? 

I think it will move soon.   I'm laughing at myself because I'm peeing all over the tires and when you look at my avatar you can't see the car past the whitewalls.   I need to buy some blackwalls but that is 1,800 bucks for a car I have to push around.

• Haha 1

AJ, you don’t have to push it around much longer.........just finish it! Your at the end of the road so to speak, and could be driving in in a few weeks. Ed

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, auburnseeker said:

Looks way too much like a Nazi Staff car with the black walls.  

Might be good for touring on a day you're feeling slightly tutonic!

Beautiful car... I'm going to side with the blackwall tire camp.

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)
  • Haha 1