What is the make, model, and year of this automobile?

Pawel

Good Afternoon All,

I am trying to find out the information about this vehicle that in the first photo, my mother and her sister are standing in front of.  I need this information in order to arrange it in a pictorial family history I am preparing for my 95 year old Mom. The second photo is of my grandmother and grandfather standing at the rear of the automobile. The third is of my mother and all her siblings at the rear of the automobile. The fourth is an attempt to get an up close pic of the brake light and license plate.

I have tried to have this automobile identified through many car club web sites, only to receive nothing in return about the vehicle. I believe the photos show distinct identification portions of the vehicle such as the double bumper, and the fluting on the bumpers. The windshield is one piece of glass, there are side lights at the bottom of each side of the windshield, and there appears to be chrome around the sides of the engine hood, and around the radiator also appears to be chrome. There also appears to be a luggage compartment above the rear bumper.

Does anyone here recognize the vehicle  make, model and year, and would you share that with me?

Thanks for taking your time for this! I sincerely appreciate it!

Pawel

Second Automobile 1 of 4 pics.jpg

Second Automobile - 2 of 4 Pics.jpg

Second Automobile - 3 of 4 Pics.jpg

Second Automobile - 4 of 4 Pics.jpg

The most distinctive thing at the rear of the car is the moulding around the waistline of the body. That and the after market rear bumper, which is quite different to the one o the front which looks to be original to the car. The main thing missing which would help identification is the radiator badge - a pity about that.

I think the car is from one of the American independents, not one of their bigger models,  and is around 1929-31.

I am beginning to wonder if they are two different cars. The clue is the front bumper. Going by other factors the top car is, I think, a 1929 Nash Standard Six, but the rear moulding on the cars in the other pictures is not right for 1929 Nash.

The rear bumper in the other pics is what you might expect on an Auburn, and maybe some other makes.

Another point of note about the car in the rear view pictures is that it looks as if it must have side mounted spare wheels. At the rear it has a truck rack and the lower bar of the bumper goes right across the car.

The rear view pic were taken a few years after the front on pic, if that is the same girls.

Magnify the 2 girls standing in front, near the taller girls rt ear I can make out it's a heart shape gille, also I think I see a partial logo. With that I can't come up with id....yet.  Chev and Ford had heart shapes but I'm sure it's not them.

Was photo taken somewhere in the 48 states?

1 hour ago, drwatson said:

Magnify the 2 girls standing in front, near the taller girls rt ear I can make out it's a heart shape gille, also I think I see a partial logo. With that I can't come up with id....yet.  Chev and Ford had heart shapes but I'm sure it's not them.

Was photo taken somewhere in the 48 states?

I think that goes towards confirming that car is a 1929 Nash Standard Six. Now to work out what the other car is.

Image result for 1929 Nash standard"

• Like 1

The bumpers appear to match, but the brake light doesn't. But that curved piece of blackish trim right under the back window sure looks like it! I must say, with aftermarket options available at that time, there may not be an absolute identification possible. I will go back to the original photograph and look at it with a magnifying glass instead of enlarging it and causing it to pixelate somewhat.

I like that: "I think that goes towards confirming that car is a 1929 Nash Standard Six."  Given the lights at just below the windshield sides and the one piece windshield, this is looking pretty positive right now. Let's see what I can identify with the magnifying glass, if anything additional. 

Thanks to all thus far!

To be continued...

14 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

Another one. Not many on the net. Probably not a lot made and few survivors.

Image result for "1930 willys-knight 87"

That's a beauty! Brake light looks good, but in my photo there's only one side with it.

3 minutes ago, Pawel said:

That's a beauty! Brake light looks good, but in my photo there's only one side with it.

They usually only had one when new. It is common for people to add another one when they restore cars. One reason why identifying cars using old photos is a better option. That style of rear light is quite common on cars of that era. The red car has had flashing indicators added as well.

Well, that answers my question about year, make, and model! A sincere thanks to each and every one of you!

I must say one thing though. The response of the members of this site were spectacular in my opinion.  After emailing so many car clubs and not receiving a single word about the identification of this vehicle, you folks jumped right in with excellent photos and explanations of what information you mused to identify the vehicle. That was awesome!

Thank you all,

Pawel