WTB: Dodge touring car late teens - early 20's

Lahti35

22 hours ago, cahartley said:

Sure wish you were looking for a sedan....... :(

We want what we want I suppose, lol. can't help what catches the eye. I need something I can drive around in and blow the wind through my curls!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I just saw this one posted over on Ebay.  Seems like a reasonable price to start with. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-Dodge-Brothers-Touring-Car/332590646818?hash=item4d6ff28622:g:TpgAAOSwuuRapEpV&vxp=mtr

Buy it now or make offer at 12G

s-l500.jpg

Thanks for the link! I was watching that one earlier when they auctioned it off last week... Ended at 9300, reserve not met. I'm keeping it in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I thought I had one but the seller's wife wouldn't let him sell it at the last minute because of the grand kids.

So... Still looking. Only respond if the car is for sale, NO GAMES please... I don't want to waste another 5 weeks of my time.

Long story short, I was offered a '24 touring in response to my ad at a fair price and pursued it for 5 weeks, passed on another car (now sold) waiting for the seller to send me a video for the last two weeks only to have him change his mind and decide to keep it because his wife thought the grandkids might miss it. To say I was unhappy about being strung along for 5 weeks and missing out on another car in the process is an understatement... left a bad taste in my mouth.

Figured I might as well just go with a T, parts aren't an issue and I shouldn't have any problem finding a really nice one for the money I was ready to spend on a Dodge. Plus a T is small so i'll have more space in the garage... win-win.

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

But the question is do you really want a T.  Long after the bad taste is gone, you will have the T.  Just hope you don'y look at it and say wish I had bought a Dodge. I know when I bought my 60 corvette I was happoy and smiled every time I walked by it because it took a while but I found what I thought was the best example especially in my price range though a bit more than I was planning on spending, ending up with a 60 Fuelie.  I think if I had settles for a 230 HP Power Glide car I wouldn't have been as happy especially if it hadn't been in as nice of condition as mine because it was a bit cheaper.  

Though I do understand where you are coming from.  That does suck.  Was the one you missed out on while waiting for the video,  the one on ebay? 

8 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

But the question is do you really want a T.  Long after the bad taste is gone, you will have the T.  Just hope you don'y look at it and say wish I had bought a Dodge. I know when I bought my 60 corvette I was happoy and smiled every time I walked by it because it took a while but I found what I thought was the best example especially in my price range though a bit more than I was planning on spending, ending up with a 60 Fuelie.  I think if I had settles for a 230 HP Power Glide car I wouldn't have been as happy especially if it hadn't been in as nice of condition as mine because it was a bit cheaper.  

Though I do understand where you are coming from.  That does suck.  Was the one you missed out on while waiting for the video,  the one on ebay? 

I do... or I should say "we" do, my wife likes them better than the dodges anyway. A model T was plan B from the get go, or maybe we should call it "plan T", lol.

The other car on ebay was actually a T, a nice RPU. I'll find something, hopefully soon as the summer season up here in Michigan is short, and hopefully without the drama of a shifty seller.