Reatta Silver Star Headlights

Sheba65

Need a little more detail on what you product you would like to use. Normal automotive store Silver Stars are just conventional sealed beams and are a direct replacement. True HID headlights are a whole lot different and have a ballast to control the arc and generally have lower current draw, but I do not know if they would allow the headlight door function to work properly if they would even fit in the housing. Please add the model year in the sig.

I recently bought the same Silverstars at Autozone.  They work great and light up the road much better than the stock bulbs.

By the way - this is a great time to lube the two pivot points for each headlight mechanism.  Also a good time to pull the cover off the motor and check the condition of the nylon pellets.  I put a light coating of Vaseline on mine as that worked well on the C4 Corvettes I used to own.

2 hours ago, D-a-n-i-e-l said:

Silver stars are a huge improvement but moving up to trucklite led is a twenty year jump. 

I would say more then 20. Only drawback is the led isn't warm enough to melt the snow and sleet that can form in winter driving. But otherwise the best bulb option out there. Must get a relay kit so the car knows to drop the headlight pods when the lights are turned off.

5 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

I would say more then 20. Only drawback is the led isn't warm enough to melt the snow and sleet that can form in winter driving. But otherwise the best bulb option out there. Must get a relay kit so the car knows to drop the headlight pods when the lights are turned off.

where do i get those?my car is undrivable on a rainy night.

Edited by handmedownreatta (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, handmedownreatta said:

i saw them.i guess i won't drive the reatta on rainy days....

I found mine a few years ago for $300 for the set. Not a lot if you consider HIDs and a decent housing will run around $200. (I bought the best I could find and still ended up with the leds) 

I am cheap as anyone but quality is what it is.

Yeah, one of these days I'm gonna do these. Of course with four Reattas, it will be a while before they are all done, even if the price comes down. Will probably do the two I drive most often next year and then see what happens from there. I have Silverstars in one car now,  and some specialty Wagner types in another. Both are vastly better than stock.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, 2seater said:

Need a little more detail on what you product you would like to use. Normal automotive store Silver Stars are just conventional sealed beams and are a direct replacement. True HID headlights are a whole lot different and have a ballast to control the arc and generally have lower current draw, but I do not know if they would allow the headlight door function to work properly if they would even fit in the housing. Please add the model year in the sig.

It is a 1990 coupe that I believe was produced in the mid year.