My collection of antique auto emblems, badges, and scripts

basscaster

I just received my collection of emblems I wanted to share with the group. These are part of my personal collection of original emblems, which numbers at nearly 1,000 unique emblems dating back to the early 1900's. I do occasionally sell duplicates that I know will go on a nice car. This is only a part of the collection, hope you enjoy!

20180127_212907.jpg

20180127_212755.jpg

20180127_212736.jpg

20180127_212733.jpg

00J0J_7S9Hy7IWon0_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_9ruI9X6dlEn_600x450.jpg

04012016 388-2.jpg

20180127_210025.jpg

20180127_212829.jpg

20180127_211416.jpg

04012016 390.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks for sharing, just curious about your comment "just received..." did you have them in storage or something?  Are you familiar with the website http://www.americanautoemblems.com/

it was recently started by a good friend from England who has perhaps the finest collection I'm aware of.  He's done a lot of research and is sharing it via the web. Recommend you sign up for regular updates and additions to the collection. 

Terry

• Like 1

I just purchased the majority of the collection from a gentleman who lives in the Northeast. Most of the badges this week, though I previously had about 500. I think he may have actually sold a bunch of badges to your friends in the UK. I love their site, it is a fantastic resource! I have a lot of work to do in arranging my collection, and I want to get it ready for an exhibition at a local car show. When I'm able to share more details of the collection I will definitely be in touch with your friend in the UK.

Edited by basscaster (see edit history)

On 10/03/2018 at 2:41 AM, Terry Bond said:

Thanks for sharing, just curious about your comment "just received..." did you have them in storage or something?  Are you familiar with the website http://www.americanautoemblems.com/

it was recently started by a good friend from England who has perhaps the finest collection I'm aware of.  He's done a lot of research and is sharing it via the web. Recommend you sign up for regular updates and additions to the collection. 

Terry

17 minutes ago, ron hausmann said:

Any Kissel or Kissel Kar emblems ???

Ron Hausmann

IMG_0725 [549354].JPG

Terry, Good to here you have a friend in England , my home is England and being a member of this forum makes me feel that I have many friends in the US. 

Pilgrim

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheezestaak2000 said:

thank you for sharing this great collection. on a related note, i seem to remember collecting some discs with car logos on them from cerial boxes in the mid to late 1950's. they were in full color and about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. anyone else remember them?

Like this?  found on ebay, not mine...from a Wheaties box

cereal box.jpg

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Anyone collecting modern (post-war) emblems? I am looking for a fellow collector to swap emblems (also pre-war ones). I have some 2000 different emblems in my collection between 1918 and 2018 worldwide. I also have about 600 duplicates from teens up to today. I probably have everything else but not what you are looking for...

IMG_6721.JPG

IMG_6720.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trimacar said:

Came from PDQ Chocolate jars....  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDQ_Chocolate   

Thanks David.  Interesting.  Don't know how I missed the PDQ product, I was around in the day.  I always relate Ovaltine to Little Orphan Annie, remember the 15 minute afternoon kids radio show and the Secret Decoder Badge?  Guess I'm showing my age....

Anyone who started collecting emblems 20 years ago was pretty smart!  Prices have gone nutz for the rare ones.  I was always content to just pick up a couple every year at Hershey and have just a small "accumulation."  I've got a lot of watch fobs though, and those are actually the emblems in smaller size.   Same with the hubcaps - I guess you can say I collect collections, but those emblems are neat and I sure wish I'd have made a stronger effort to acquire them when they were cheaper. 

Terry

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, basscaster said:

Jeff, if not for collectors, many of these great emblems would have been lost, or victims of a metal recycler

Realistically there are a lot more emblems than cars to put them on. Almost all the ones available now were taken off junk yard cars that disappeared decades ago.