Hot Rod 1925 bUICK

Jim Morris own AN 1925 Buick Touring Car he race at lions drag strip and a few other strips in the 60's.

He was running an stroke nailhead Buick engine with I be live an CAD trans. I was told it ran in the 10 second 1/4 mile .

This Buick was in Hot Rod as well as Car Craft magazine, and they made a model of it to. 

It was Hot Rod and Car Craft magazine.

The Buick is still on the road, but as a driver

Jim was great guy and a joker too.

If Anybody known Jim or has photos of this Buick I would like to see them or hear from you.

25 buick lions drags 9-16-1965.jpg

163093709.jpg

B 7.jpg

• Like 2

That's an early resto rod.  Looks like you could bolt the original wheels back on it and at a glance no one would know.   A real sleeper.  Though I don't think you could keep a set of original wheels on it without spinning the hubs out of them. 

Assuming that the low ET was without the top and side curtains. ;)

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Jim would race the Buick with the top up and down.

He later on swap the engine and trans for a 401 Buick nailhead and 400 trans for more of an daily driver use. Blown engine was purchase by Tommy Ivo , this is what I was told.

for a long time he ran Buick wire wheels. he also had a set of bufflo wire he would bolt on for the movies .

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 3:09 AM, ted1922 said:

Jim Morris own AN 1925 Buick Touring Car he race at lions drag strip and a few other strips in the 60's.

He was running an stroke nailhead Buick engine with I be live an CAD trans. I was told it ran in the 10 second 1/4 mile .

This Buick was in Hot Rod as well as Car Craft magazine, and they made a model of it to. 

It was Hot Rod and Car Craft magazine.

The Buick is still on the road, but as a driver

Jim was great guy and a joker too.

If Anybody known Jim or has photos of this Buick I would like to see them or hear from you.

25 buick lions drags 9-16-1965.jpg

163093709.jpg

B 7.jpg

LoL! Its amazing that Buick didn't shake to bits with that monster under the bonnet (hood). That is just crazy....:D

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...