Just found this picture

abandg

My wife found this picture of my dad ( Wild Bill from Band of Brothers) driving my Verde Green 65 Riv. We drove it to Flint and Orlando meets so I don't know which trip this is from. He went to a lot of meets with me and I am sure some of you met him. I thought this was a great picture. Gene Guarnere.

FullSizeRender-26.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hi Gene,

Yes, cool pic. The last time I spoke with your Dad he challenged me that he probably knew more about Rivieras than I. I didnt argue the point. And that was before I saw Band of Brothers! When will we see that Verde Riv again??

Tom

My wife said this picture was taken on the way to the ROA meet in Orlando. So my dad and our family were driving to Florida. That's when we met John Hirsch. After the ROA meet we went back to his home in Winter Park for a barbecue. Ray Knott was also with us. John let my daughter take his Riv convertible out for a spin. He was a great guy and a real character.

FullSizeRender-57.jpg

FullSizeRender-56.jpg

FullSizeRender-55.jpg

FullSizeRender-58.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

When John passed away about 25 to 30 years ago I bought all of his Riv parts. The convertible was not part of the deal. Johns girlfriend at the time was handling the deal in Florida for Johns brother in New York. For her services the convertible was hers. I left 4 Rivieras on his property because I am from Philly and the cars are in Florida. I have no idea what happened to the Riv but that is the short of it. Gene. 

Mr soft and supple one Tom, we also bought that 65 Shell Beige GS with all the parts. I had a friend of mine buy the car and he had it up for sale at one of the meets a long time ago. It was a very nice car. I have no idea were it is but I am sure it's still around. My friend passed away so I can not track it. Gene.