Vintage Blaupunkt radio ID

Bob40

Picked up this radio with remote box and antenna and am having no luck in deciphering what it is from.

Any and all help would be great.Numbers I can read are as follows.

G78550  on the head unit.

J08844 box side.

190676 box side

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, Rockingchairmotors said:

Looks to be from a Mercedes from the late 1950's.  If you google images of Mercedes models 180, 190, 219, 220 I think you might find something close.  Sorry to say I don't think a AM radio has much value but I am by no means and expert.  Good luck

It's not just a AM radio. It has two "M" push buttons = AM, Two "U" push buttons= FM,  and one  "L"  push button = Long Wave.

The "G" Series was produced 1958/1959  The one above is a G7 8550

Blaupunkt Radio Wave "Bands" AM/FM/LW/M/SW.

The following is an explanation of the various wave "bands" found on Blaupunkt radios, both US versions and European versions.

1. US Band "AM"  =  Euro Band "AM", "M", or "Mittel"  Frequency 520-1640 Khz, used for Commercial.

2. US Band "FM"  =  Euro Band "U",  or "UKW" Frequency 87-104 MHz  (87-108 US), used for Commercial.

3. US Band "LW"  =  Euro Band "L", "LW", or "Langwelle" Frequency 150-340 Khz, Commercial/Aviation/Weather.

4. US Band "MB"  =  Euro Band "MB", Frequency 2-2.8 Mgz, used for Marine.

5. US Band "SW"  =  Euro Band "K",  or "Kurz" Frequency Various, used for Short Wave. 

As can be seem from the above, Blaupunkt radios came with one or more different frequency bands. The basic one-band radio came with the AM band. The next step was usually AM/FM. A common third band was LW (long wave) or SW (shortwave). In Europe, the LW band is for commercial broadcasts, however in the US, the LW band is used for aviation and weather broadcasts. European version radios are marked with the Euro band designators (M, U, L, MB or K), found on the push buttons.

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...