Tag Question

I am a new AACA member from Madison, Ms. My '65 Corvette Coupe is entered in the Mobile Meet held this month. I know nothing about the AACA rules. As respects license plate tags: I have a 1965 Lafayette County Mississippi tag that has been approved by the State as my permanent  tag. Is that would be on the car when it is judged?

This car was originally sold In Ca. by Lew Williams Chevrolet in Hollywood, Ca. I have had the original black Ca. tag along with a Lew William's Chevrolet tag holder on the front of this car. I guess that does need to come off? Thanks for any help. I'll have some more questions. This is a two time NCRS Top Flight car. Thanks.  '

Your normal license plate can be left on the car for judging, but if the tag has any condition issues, you could potentially lose a point(s) for the tag. You can show the car without the tag without losing any points. The tag is not required for judging but is judged if it is on the car. If you have another perfect condition tag that you want to display on the car for judging instead of the issued tag, you could certainly do that as well if you wish. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless the condition is really bad, since I've been judging don't remember anyone taking off points for tag. I'm sure there is some nickpickers out there and I've seen them on every judging team I've been on, but never an issue with a tag. License plate toppers, or surrounds and other stuff yes.