carpet

handmedownreatta

Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) makes molded replacement carpet that will fit the floor pan of the Reatta. It is available from many vendors online,  and directly through accmats.com. It can be ordered with or without mass rubber backing  (which is heavily recommended as the factory carpet has this backing as well).  Many colors available, and you can request sample swatches by mail if needed. Pricing seems to vary by vendor, so shop around some, but almost all auto carpet youll find is manufactured by ACC, except for exotic high end stuff.

For a velour like nap that is a near match in texture to the original carpet in the Reatta,  I've bought German Finetuft carpet from classicnineleathershop.com in Detroit before. This is not molded, strictly sold on a roll by yardage with a minimum order, and rather costly. Looking at the color chart, there is no blue available but they do have colors that are close to the burgundy, flame red, tan and grey used in the Reatta. 

Be advised that these are not ready to go out of the box, they need to be trimmed and openings for seat studs, wiring harnesses, floor pan duct openings and center console all need to be cut in the field. Use your existing carpeting as a template.

Replacement carpet for the rear storage area, door panels or siides of the center console is not made to shape, but they can supply flat unbacked carpet by the yard to match the floor pan carpet ordered.

Edited by KDirk (see edit history)

Funny that replacement carpet has not come up recently.

Unless there is new information,  the formed/molded carpet that ACC has is actually molded for the Riviera, so there is carpet behind the seat that you would need to cut off.

and again unless there is new info,  you are on your own for the area behind the seat (coupe or convertible)  the original was molded and today they just give you a chunk of carpet (unmolded)

and it is up to you to cut and fit it to the rear....also inside the storage compartments.

It has probably been 15 years since I was selling reproduction floor mats.....back then the major problem was getting a color match. 

Burgandy (1988-1990) was not a problem, but the grey has a blue tint, the blue was also unique and I could not find a source for the carpet in those colors. 

Tan was even a problem, some sourced had the correct tint but the people I had making the floor mats did not have connection with all sources........because of the color problem and vendor problems, 

I chose to stop having them made......to many problems.

You might find this helpful if you get new carpet and want to install it yourself: Carpet Installation Instructions

The carpet can be dyed if it is still in good condition and is just dirty or faded. My tan carpet was faded to the point that the section behind the seats looked pink. I cleaned it and then dyed it myself. It came out looking pretty good. (see photo) It's not show quality but it is an alternative to buying new carpet. There is a tutorial for dyeing the tan carpet here:  Carpet Dye Recipe-Beechwood (Tan)

Someone might know the correct color of blue dye you would need?

SAM_2754 (2).JPG

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

You might find this helpful if you get new carpet and want to install it yourself: Carpet Installation Instructions

The carpet can be dyed if it is still in good condition and is just dirty or faded. My tan carpet was faded to the point that the section behind the seats looked pink. I cleaned it and then dyed it myself. It came out looking pretty good. (see photo) It's not show quality but it is an alternative to buying new carpet. There is a tutorial for dyeing the tan carpet here:  Carpet Dye Recipe-Beechwood (Tan)

Someone might know the correct color of blue dye you would need?

SAM_2754 (2).JPG

its in good shape but i tried to dye carpet in a camaro once and it came out all stiff.

Use carpet dye from leather magic. I've used theirs and it is good, if you can find the right color. They can supply almost all common GM colors. Most other auto interior dyes tens to stiffen the nap of the carpet, but I've not found theirs to be bad in that regard.

• Like 1

Give their website a look. I've used their leather repair/tint and carpet tint and was suitably impressed. You can send them a small swatch (might be able to cut away a small piece of carpet up near the firewall where not visible and unfaded) and they will verify a match, I think.