New memember just bought a 1950 pontiac

Hey guys my name is Dave, im 30 from NJ. Classic cars are and have always been my passion. I have had well over 40 classics from about age 13 through now (and another 20 or so newer cars and bikes) anyway I just grabbed a 50 pontiac this weekend she needs a decent amount of love, shes at my cousins engine shop right now im having him look over her and get her goin. Its a straight 8. Its missing the valve covers and i also wanna get a carb for it. The car is too far gone for me to do a resto. But shes got solid bones and the bodys very decent so my plan is to get the motor/trans/rear/brakes in order then maybe clear coat the body as is put a fresh set of wide whites under her, do the interior and drive her. Here she is. Do you guys have any idea where to find parts for this car that arnt outrageously over priced? Im not worried about keeping it stock at this point 

6166C3EB-403D-4D91-B030-FE0DBB594E67.jpeg

86C7DE03-C4F3-4488-AA13-A344D3C9469B.jpeg

• Like 1

Here are two that I use quite a bit for Pontiac specific parts to keep my Pontiac fleet going:

California Pontiac Restoration

877-504-8124

cpr@dcninternet.net

Kurt Kelsey
641-648-9086
kelsey@prairieinet.net

Many of the chassis items are standard GM though and can be found through your local parts store or online.  A GM interchange manual may be of help as well to cross reference.

Also if you are a member of AACA then look at the Oakland-Pontiac Worldwide Chapter as they are for 1958 and older Pontiacs.

http://www.oaklandpontiacworldwide.com/

It is great to see you save the car, get it on the road and enjoy it.

3 hours ago, Corvetteman115 said:

So i need the one thats on the car? And also will the carb from the 6 cylinder work? Maybe it will be easier to have mine rebuilt  

The Carter type WCD (numbers listed above for different transmissions) are excellent carburetors. Probably no better carb for use on a stock engine, although the 720s was superceded by the 2122s. If you start modifying the engine, then?????

All three are readily available. The 2122s will generally have a higher cost.

Jon.