No it's not a chevy El Camino, it's a Buick

In the early 70's a saw a 1962-63 Buick car modified to a truck  like chevy did with the El Camino .

I saw the car-truck in the south Los Angeles area and in the San Fernando valley area in the 70's.

He did so good of a job, people said, that Buick build it.

Has anybody seen this car-truck .

Sorry I was to young at that time.  this car was painted red at that time and as far as the rest of the car it was stock.

sorry I do not have any photos of this car.

even know it is been a long time it may be still in the Los Angeles - San Fernando valley area

GM did have a few special El Camino type vehicles built over the years. This '76 Cadillac Mirage sport wagon is owned by Steve Plunkett, in London Ontario. According to his website,it is one of 105 built.

1976 Cadillac Mirage sport wagon.jpg

• Like 1

The car mentioned by the original poster could well have been a funeral flower car modification "that escaped".  The pictured Cadillac (as well as the Cadillac station wagons) were customized by a vendor and then marketed through Cadillac dealers.  

Pontiac did a feasibility study of an ElCamino-type vehicle on the 1960 cars.  I know (and have touched and looked it over very closely!) of one, with allegedly 5 produced.  When I was looking it over, I looked for "holidays" from the builder/modifier, but found NONE.  Everything was done completely in factory fashion . . . joints, sealer, paint, etc.  Not like it'd been done in a "body shop" back then.  Pretty neat.  One of the Pate Museum heirs owned it at the time.

NTX5467

I remember seeing a 1965 silver Buick Electra (likely a 2 door coupe originally) that was shown at the Autorama held at Cobo Hall in Detroit Michigan sometime in the late 80's. The custom work to make it into an el camino type vehicle was spectacular and could have had a following if ever sent into production. Wish I had taken pictures then...  

On 3/5/2018 at 1:01 PM, J.H.Boland said:

GM did have a few special El Camino type vehicles built over the years. This '76 Cadillac Mirage sport wagon is owned by Steve Plunkett, in London Ontario. According to his website,it is one of 105 built.

1976 Cadillac Mirage sport wagon.jpg

Is that what that is?  I saw one of those on the back of a flatbed going down I5 a couple of months ago.