SWIRLS IN PAINT

13 minutes ago, bobg1951chevy said:

My white CORVAIR has  swirls in the paint on the  flat surface of the roof.

Buffer swirls.

What is a source ofremedy to eliminate these swirls, knowing I do not have a buffer to work with.

Thanks.

Go to a place that has Auto paint and tools. Ask for Swirl Remover. It is a liquid. It is used after some buffing.

Herm.

• Like 1

If you don’t own a buffer and the proper pad I recommend contacting a detailer who is knowledgeable. I would start with the proper polishing buffer pad and Meguires 205. If success follow up with a light hand application of yellow Carnuba wax but more is being done with the polymers lately but I have a lifetime supply of carnuba paste

Robert

• Like 1

I have a gallon jug of Liquid Ebony out in the garage that I use. I think it is a solution of pumice. It does a great job.

Now, you talk about time going by, I squirt just a little on the car and either machine of hand buff. The squirt bottle is the irrigation bottle my Wife brought home from the hospital 35 years ago when our Son was born. I always smile about my skills in diversity when I use it.

Bernie

• Like 1

A buffer in the hands of the inexperienced is a dangerous thing.

I would suggest a dual action polisher for the every day person.  Its the best tool I have bought for detailing.  I also have a rotary buffer.  Even most detailers are going dual action now.

Meguiars Ultimate compound on a polishing pad and Meguiars finishing polish on a finishing pad with a dual action buffer should get you swirl free.  Follow that with a coat of wax and call it a day.  Remember, don't apply the wax in a circular motion.  Always use a side to side motion.  Why?  Remember all those swirl marks you just buffed out?  Applying wax that way will bring swirl marks back.

• Like 1