Early front axle??

Vintageben

Oh yes, you are in Australia.

That would be an American Star, not a British Star. The American made Star was sold into the British empire as a Rugby.

The probable source for this axle would be the Oakland, California, manufacturing plant.

The Oakland car was a GM product while Star was made by Durant Motors, Inc.

When Durant went bankrupt the plant in Oakland, Calif,. that had been the west coast manufacturing center for Durant was sold to GM and became the west coast Chevrolet truck plant.

So here are photos of the distributor and starter tags; can't find one on the generator I have also included some casting numbers on the block and head if that helps thanks for any help. I'm guessing around 1925-6 is it correct that it is Oakland .

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

The distributor looks like a Remy, the name before Delco and Remy merged. I don't recall exactly when Delco and Remy merged, but I think it was about 1926 (okay, I just googled it, Sept 1926, some sources say 1927). I remember this because my '27 Paige has all Remy electrical devices, and I had heard it was from after the Delco and Remy merger. Some parts continued to leave the factory with the Remy name for some time after the merger. I actually do have an exact replacement distributor for my Paige with the Delco-Remy name on it. I wasn't going to not get it just because of the name. A Paige distributor is a little tough to find if you need one.

So that should help to narrow down the timeframe for the engine.