congrats to jframe on excellent Riview feature

Seafoam65

I really enjoyed the article on jframe's Riviera in the new Riview. It looks

like the body shop did an excellent job of repairing and repainting the car after the accident. Just

like me, his Dad bought a 65 Riviera brand new and like me he always wanted one for his own. I'm sure

he is enjoying owning a 65 as much as I am!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes agree congrats to Mark on a well written article and pictures on the 65.

Also big congratulations to NC68Riviera Mike S  and Aqua Zepher. Man-o-man does that car JUMP out of those pages in the color combo.

Both very well done showcase articles. Thanks for submitting Mark and Mike!

• Like 4

Thanks, guys for the compliments. I was stunned to see it on the cover, especially with that Aqua Riv in there as well. That color just pops so much more than white. My Riv is an absolute joy for me to drive. I am reminded of my folks and how much they loved that Midnight Blue 65 Dad had. My Mom loved it SO much that she slid past a toll booth with all four tires locked up, trying to haul down from a solid 90mph in Kentucky, lol. She said she would send Dad to work in her 60 Impala, and she would wash the Riviera, and drive it all over Detroit, and take any challenge. I am so glad they passed that love and enjoyment on to me, and that my Dad was able to enjoy it for awhile before his death.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

You'll probably want to contact the ROA office and get some copies to give to your friends.

I emailed Ray about at least one extra copy to give to a friend that made some of the pics.

12 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

I have not received my Riview yet! Hopefully today...:mellow:

It usually takes a few extra days for me to get mine here in NC, I can tell they are out when there are posts about it here on the forum, then I have to wait a bit for mine to come to see it.

Mine didn't get here today, hopefully tomorrow?

11 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Ed, you are a mind reader!

3 hours ago, jframe said:

I emailed Ray about at least one extra copy to give to a friend that made some of the pics.

If you call the office they will send one extra copy at no charge for members that get their showcase printed in the Riview.

Those of us that have had showcases printed know how much work is involved, so a free copy is at least some reward.  

When my '95 was in the Riview a couple of years ago I got a couple extra copies so I could do it up in a frame. I want to highlight the pic on the cover, the showcase article, and the email I received from the Head of the Design Studio that was in charge of designing it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rivman said:

It usually takes a few extra days for me to get mine here in NC, I can tell they are out when there are posts about it here on the forum, then I have to wait a bit for mine to come to see it.

Mine didn't get here today, hopefully tomorrow?

You lucky people. Mine will first go by boat to Sydney followed by kangaroo to our home.

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2018 at 5:55 PM, jframe said:

My Riv is an absolute joy for me to drive.

Mark, great article and awesome pictures. Your 9 month wait for the body shop to fix your car must have been excruciating. It looks great now! 

Yes,  I received my copy of the Riview today and have enjoyed it thoroughly. 

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Mark, great article and awesome pictures. Your 9 month wait for the body shop to fix your car must have been excruciating. It looks great now! 

Yes,  I received my copy of the Riview today and have enjoyed it thoroughly. 

Your car is every bit as sharp. That color is just awesome. I love Second Gens almost as much as the first.

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, SwedeDownUnderR63 said:

You lucky people. Mine will first go by boat to Sydney followed by kangaroo to our home.

I thought they were sent air mail the last few years? I'm sure there is still a bit a delay but had thought it wasn't all that long?

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, Rivman said:

If you call the office they will send one extra copy at no charge for members that get their showcase printed in the Riview.

Those of us that have had showcases printed know how much work is involved, so a free copy is at least some reward.  

When my '95 was in the Riview a couple of years ago I got a couple extra copies so I could do it up in a frame. I want to highlight the pic on the cover, the showcase article, and the email I received from the Head of the Design Studio that was in charge of designing it.

I have been trying to call for a few days now at their office with no response. I left a message but nobody has called me back. I want to purchase a few extra copies, one for my photo buddy, and at least one more to take apart and mat and frame to hang in my office at home. Guess I'll keep trying.

38 minutes ago, jframe said:

I have been trying to call for a few days now at their office with no response. I left a message but nobody has called me back. I want to purchase a few extra copies, one for my photo buddy, and at least one more to take apart and mat and frame to hang in my office at home. Guess I'll keep trying.

It is best to email the office, office@rivowners.org. I don't think the office lady is there all the time. I contacted her and requested 4 additional copies. She said she could send me two complimentary copies and charge $4.00 for additional copies. I gave her my CC number for the order. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 8:54 PM, Rivdrivn said:

Why choose between 1st and 2nd gen?

2608DC5B-DF07-4969-B210-2F573A6BB610.jpeg

You sir, are one LUCKY man! I came close about a year before I found my 65 to buying a 69 bucket seat car that was whote with a black vinyl top; same color scheme as the 65 I wound up with. I still would like to have a 2nd Gen, but I am out of garage room. Love to see more pics of yours!

• 2 weeks later...