Help needed to identify Gauge Cluster?

harvest

• 2 months later...

George;

Good catch on the Art Deco style lettering on the gauges.  The Art Deco style was extremely popular between 1920 and about 1940, but lost its popularity with the advent of WW II.  The gauges could be from the 1920s, or more likely from the 1930s, as you pointed out in your above post.

I did a quick googol search to see what would come up under such terms as "vintage automotive heat gauge" and didn't find anything close to what is shown in harvest's Original Post.  I noticed that the "heat" gauge only goes up to 212°, so it was probably for a non-pressurized cooling system.  I don't know when pressurized systems first came into being, but that could be a clue.  It appears that the gauges are not flush-mounted, so I'm guessing early brass-era auto or maybe even a boat(?).

harvest;

What do you know about the gauges?  Where/how did you acquire them etc.?

Cheers,

Grog

The temperature and oil gauges are electric and analog. A look through a 1930's catalog listing sending units could narrow things down.

Funny thing on gauges, I just bought a BMW. The fuel gauge reads "0  1/2  1/1".  One oneth? Unity works for me. But there are messages in the configuration.

Bernie