`36 Buick Grilles "BOTH SOLD"

pont35cpe

I believe that both are aftermarket ‘36 Grilles.  No question about the one with 11 horizontal bars but the other has a subtle difference.  The vertical bars on original grilles were on a different plane than the thicker surrounding frame (about 1/8” recessed).

I have both of these grilles. My five bar aftermarket is cast aluminum not diecast.  I have had thoughts about doing some gentle grinding to impart the offset I mentioned earlier.

A few years ago I successfully repaired an original with many breaks. I used that Muggy Weld system and worked with the chromer to make sure his copper polishing step didn't heat up and melt those repairs. 

Not trying to diss those grilles offered on Ebay, just wanting to impart some experience.

I just found a pic of original grille and you can see the offset in the upper left.

Joel

93C42204-31D3-4255-97CF-9CE1E5FA7AB5.jpeg

Edited by JoelsBuicks
Found a pic to add (see edit history)

Seller states that both are original, I knew for sure the 11 cross bar one is aftermarket because that`s the one I have. I didn`t know about an aftermarket with 5 cross bars. They are nice grilles though if someone needs one, another one of those hard to find items..