Mars

30 cf emergency brake

6 minutes ago, Mars said:

Could you take a picture from the end so I can see that profile? Thanks

See the second photo in my post #7 on page 1.

On 30/03/2018 at 12:18 PM, Mars said:

Could you take a picture from the end so I can see that profile? Thanks

How did you get on with this?

E brake project  30 cf. getting back to it. I think I've figured out what I need to make,  The tang piece is riveted to the brake handle I believe. So I think I need to remove the handle to remove the broken piece and install a new one. I've taken the cotter pins out of the rod that connects it to the band assembly.so it's free that way, pivoting on the large pin up higher. How is the handle attached at that pivot point? Does any of this make sense? I hope so. Thanks

56 minutes ago, Mars said:

How is the handle attached at that pivot point?

Hmmm. Just from your pictures, it looks like it is swaged onto that pin which is part of the top of the gear box. I'll go out and look soon and come back.

30 cf, can anyone tell me how to remove the e brake handle from the transmission. I need to the tang that catches the teeth.

I have no such spring. Mine appears to be a rivet head, thus why I need to remove the handle itself to replace the tang. Thanks

Not sure, but there might be a retainer or clip for that big rivet on the inside of the transmission.

3 hours ago, Mars said:

That sounds tricky

Yeah....you may want to wait for other's suggestions.

I'm thinking if I grind the head off the rivet that holds the broken price of the tang, I can remove it,, make a new one and then reattach it somehow. It's about my only choice.

At last, the infamous e brake tang thingy. Removed both prices and glued them together to see just what I need to make . Shouldn't be too tough. Reattaching a small challenge . Can't wait for it to work!

Have you looked at it from above?

It is pretty clear you need to remove the floor board then clean up around the brake handle and gearbox top to spotless condition. Then you can remove the top of the gearbox and remove the pin holding the handbrake handle. If you look at the mounting in the gearbox you will see a depression: I bet that is a locking pin. How to remove it will become clear when you have the top off the gearbox.

HandbrakeAtGearbox_sml.thumb.jpg.2821e01aefde4c4de2bdef4ab40dbbc9.jpg

8 minutes ago, Mars said:

Also finally got a wiper blade. I don’t have the mechanism to turn it on and off. I want to have an air shutoff valve under the dashboard.

Did you figure out the puzzle of mounting the blade to the arm?

17 hours ago, Mars said:

Also finally got a wiper blade. I don’t have the mechanism to turn it on and off. I want to have an air shutoff valve under the dashboard.

The first Pontiacs had a valve mounted on the lower edge of the dashboard, with a knurled knob to gradually open and close the valve.  It was exactly like a weatherhead shut off valve but with a knob instead of the wings.  I'm sure you could adapt something like this.

s-l225[1].jpg

NH-WE-6810.jpg

My Dodge 8 has a little knob in the dash board. You turn it like opening and closing a tap. I expect yours should be similar.