57 wagon rear window problem

sherwood3333

There are some U-shaped clips (sideways "U") that slip under these little bars, for lack of a better word, and also slip into the back of the moldings. The clips are no longer available,, and this is as far as I have gotten with my '58 using the few clips that I could salvage. If you find a source, let me know.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

IMG_5301.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to tell you, but there is no diagram. Best if you took pictures while you were removing it and could reference them with the notes you took while did-assembling the trim. The clip access holes have to be drilled through the window seal all the way along, and then install the clips on the trim, install the trim clips through the holes into the inside of the liftgate, then install the barrel nuts to tighten the trim down. That is what you will need to do to get the trim to snug up against the seal and glass.  Good luck! 

• Like 2

thanks for the feed back it helps,  here's what I did for clips for the window molding , I had to make them, first I got some #6 screws and nuts then cut some 18ga steel into strips that slid into the molding, then drilled holes into the steel  strips ,  cut into 1inch strips , I  epoxied screws onto steel tabs,   I was then able to secure molding to window

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

• Like 4

Excellent!:)