Ford 32 B400

VintageRacingCar

Hello.

I have the chance to get a Ford B400 1932 V8...

What would be the a reasonable price to buy it in # 4 condition and what could be a reasonable selling price once restored.

Any information, is highly appreciated

thanks

Quite likely the most valuable of all 1932 Fords. Don't quibble over the entry price of even a #4 car, because it's probably the smallest check you're going to write on what will be an expensive restoration. It will likely be a six-figure car when it's done if you do it right. If the initial buy-in is a number you can afford and are willing to pay, I wouldn't hesitate if it's a car you truly want and will restore properly. Will you make money on it? Meh. Will you have an amazing car? Absolutely.

3 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Quite likely the most valuable of all 1932 Fords. Don't quibble over the entry price of even a #4 car, because it's probably the smallest check you're going to write on what will be an expensive restoration. It will likely be a six-figure car when it's done if you do it right. If the initial buy-in is a number you can afford and are willing to pay, I wouldn't hesitate if it's a car you truly want and will restore properly. Will you make money on it? Meh. Will you have an amazing car? Absolutely.

Thank you Matt...Good point....

Keep in mind that there have been more than  few, all steel, reproduction B-400, convertible sedan bodies  reproduced over the years.

Also, many B-400 were made for export and built in non-USA Ford factories. These bodies are different than the US built B-400s. Some have been fitted to US chassis and sold as authentic,  US B-400s. 

Like all 1932 Fords, the convertible sedan was supplied with either 4 cylinder or V-8 engine. An authentic V-8 car is worth the most. Many four cylinder cars have had a V-8 engine change and the serial numbers altered accordingly.

A real, US built, authentic 1932 Ford B-400 is quite rare. Make sure you know what you buying.

Also, technically, speaking the proper reference is 400-B, not B-400. Ford never used the term B-400!!!

Good luck on your purchase.

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'd check out the fine details to be sure you are buying what you think you are buying. Hope it is an untouched unrestored car, checking the original features are a lot easier that way. There are several Tudor Sedans that were converted to 400B or B400's, not everyone will admit that. Bob 

• Like 1

I totally agree with Paul on the V-8 Club, two volume set of 1932 Ford books. They were written by Dave Rehor, probably the most knowledgeable person on the '32 Ford on the planet.