1936 Buick question

pont35cpe

3 hours ago, MCHinson said:

I would be fairly certain that it did. I know that 1937 and 1938 Buicks had fender welting.

Thanks Matt, I`m still not sure about the `36. My other project cars `35 Pontiacs and `35 Chevy Master, all have the same(like my Buick)body bead where the rear fenders mount. None of my  Pontiacs or my Chevy have welting..

Tom,

Yes there is a piece at the back of the front fender.  I can post a picture tomorrow.  There was some sort of welting between the fenders and the running board base.  It looked the it was normal welting at the rear, but at the front fender the running board rubber goes over the fender to running board connection.  It seems like they just cut the piping off the welt and left the rest as a gasket.  Currently I have welting in both places but I'm not sure what to do with it at the edges.  If I leave it as is it will interfere with the chrome trim piece that runs along the edge of the running boards and fenders, but to just cut it off would look ugly.  I'll post some pictures tomorrow that may better explain.

Greg