1953 V 8 fuel filter Roadmaster - Skylark

1953 V 8 fuel filter Roadmaster - Skylark

I need some help on the fuel line inlet at the carburetor; it looks like it has a filter that attaches at the inlet to the carburetor. I have only seen one picture on the net it is hard to see; it is not a glass bowl. I have tried all the usual sources, Local parts stores and Bob’s no luck so far.  If anyone has a picture of the fuel lines and inlet of carburetor  it would be a great help. 

Thanks for the help

Steve

My 54 has the metal filter that screws into the top of the bowl.  No glass filter as seen the pics above.   I have a 2 barrel Carter.  Not sure if there was different types of filters between the Stromberg and Carter.   As well as the 2 and 4 barrels.  I can take a picture if you like.   Heck, I need to see if there is a part number on it as well.   Let me know.    

9 minutes ago, 195354 said:

I don’t have access to my parts book but I recall one part number for the fuel filter. The information I have is this had a Delco Moraine filter that has no glass bowl.  Is the glass bowl a field modification?  

Steve

I'm not sure if it is a modification.  My 60 Electra has the glass bowl.  It appears the glass bowl type system was widely used  and for a long time.     The Delco filter is a large pancake looking thing.      Looks to be unobtainium as well.   Perhaps each carb manufacture used different types of filters.  

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)

I have a 53 Special that has a Carter 2-barrel and is equipped with the flat pancake style fuel filter.   I have seen these on other 53 Buicks as well.   The name on the filter is Moraine Gasoline Filter.  I have been unable to find a listing for this filter in my parts books.   The illustrations for identifying the carburetor parts show the filter attached with a nipple to the carburetor inlet but does not call it out as "fuel filter".   Somewhere there must be a reference to this part!

Joe