Wanted 51to53 steering wheel

RiKi5156B

3 hours ago, TheRev said:

PM sent

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, RiKi5156B said:

Looking for a good steering wheel in black with chrome filler band on back. Don’t need horn ring. Thanks

Your header indicates that you're looking for a '51 - '53 wheel.  What year is your car?  Reason I ask is that the '53 (50th Anniversary) wheel  differs considerably from the previous two years' version.  With two banjo-style spokes, it featured a gold sculptured likeness of an '03 Buick (actually, it was an '04) in the hub.  

In any case, I have an exceptionally nice one of these on hand -- a "Power Steering" version -- in an extremely dark blue which consistently passed for black during the 15 years that it served in my black '54 Roadmaster before I was able to find a good, correct replacement.  If you're interested, I'm open to offers.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:42 PM, Buickborn said:

Your header indicates that you're looking for a '51 - '53 wheel.  What year is your car?  Reason I ask is that the '53 (50th Anniversary) wheel  differs considerably from the previous two years' version.  With two banjo-style spokes, it featured a gold sculptured likeness of an '03 Buick (actually, it was an '04) in the hub.  

In any case, I have an exceptionally nice one of these on hand -- a "Power Steering" version -- in an extremely dark blue which consistently passed for black during the 15 years that it served in my black '54 Roadmaster before I was able to find a good, correct replacement.  If you're interested, I'm open to offers.

Your '54 Roadmaster.  What body style?  I would love to see a picture of it.  Grandma Church had one......memories.  

• Like 1

Auburncoupe, to answer your question:  my black '54 4-holer (the last year that 4 holes were reserved for Roadmasters) is a coupe with the correct red/black/heavily-chromed bordello interior and Matador Red wheels.  This very sharp, rolling gin palace really pops!  (If Grandma Church had one like this, she must have been quite a cool old lady.)  Currently, I'm a bit photographically challenged but will see what I can gin up.   

I would love to see it!! I have a '54 Super two door hardtop.  White with red/black interior. Problem is it needs everything..... Grandma Church's car was Black outside with red/black interior and full power!!!  Not common in blue collar southern Idaho.  She was a class act as was her Buick.  My uncle had it after she was gone.  No idea what happened to it.  When you are able.  A picture would be wonderful.  Sounds like yours is beyond stunning.  I just love the '54 look.  I have sold off many a '50s era Buick of all types.  Kept the one '54.  

Thank you for sharing....

p.s....Matador red wheels??  Not familiar to me..

• Thanks 1