buick radiator winged cap

Hi, I was hoping for some info on this hood ornament , like what year model or was it a universal cap. I am trying to help an old timer liquidate some items so i need to list this for sale and his bottom dollar is quite high so i would like some input and this looked like a good place to ask, thanks now very much for any response , 

KIMG0902.JPG

KIMG0903.JPG

KIMG0905.JPG

On one of the first seasons of "American Pickers" they picked up a very nice one for about $50.00. Their to be sold price was probably about $300. I have seen these on ebay for anywhere from the $300 up to a buy it now at $800. A friend of mine has a 1927 Sport roadster and had a stainless reproduction on his car sourced from a concern in Australia. Similar to the 1928 in that it is a goddess head but the details are different. He said that his cost was about 1/2 of what it would cost to buy an original and have it re-plated. Since the originals are so fragile and usually very pitted it is usually not worth the cost to have one restored. Having the original re-plated usually a lot of detail is lost.

IMG_5458.JPG.8400ff372e32babe3b52ef35cc4d96b3.JPGFairly nice 1927 ornament

20 hours ago, hertzyinmn2015 said:

Hi, I was hoping for some info on this hood ornament , like what year model or was it a universal cap. I am trying to help an old timer liquidate some items so i need to list this for sale and his bottom dollar is quite high so i would like some input and this looked like a good place to ask, thanks now very much for any response , 

KIMG0902.JPG

KIMG0903.JPG

KIMG0905.JPGThis`s a 1928 Buick "maskot".

Leif in Sweden

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)