Just checking in.

gr8scott

My sins of my youth and age both caught up with me at the same time, and being  quite a bit limited in physical work and mobility, I haven't worked on my 89 Coupe. Thankfully it gave me no trouble and other than a slow tranny drip, everything is fine. The leather (maybe vinyl) on the drivers side door armrest, and the center console cover are beginning to crack in places in spite of garaged parking  and leather conditioners. I take it out for weekly spins to keep things from getting stale, and once a month on a short road trip of 80 miles or so on the freeway to blow it out a little. During the most recent road trip the odo passed the  81,000 mark and thing are running smoothly.  I laugh when I see a 3 or 4 year old vehicle for sale around here, with a "low mileage" of 150,000.

81Kmi.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking car, and I really like the setting in the pic. Did you have the car lowered at some point? Almost looks like it based on the gap - or what I perceive as a lack tbereof - between the tires and the edges of the wheel wells. Be sure to enjoy the fact that it's been a reliable car, I don't mind wrenching and tinkering, but it's always nice when it just works and you don't have to worry about what might break next. At 30 years old, these cars can get into a cycle of needing multiple repairs in a short time frame, and that can get rather frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...