55 Chevy. Another special piece of my dad up for sale

victorialynn2

14 minutes ago, ragtop4two said:

Vl2, I noticed in one pic an antique cash register behind it on a bench. I'm not interested in buying it but I do know they are worth big bucks especially if they are brass. You may want to get it appraised if you are planning on selling it

It’s not brass, it’s a silver color. It is a 1912 Michigan cash register, which is a lesser known brand than National. I looked into it at one time but it’s something I plan to keep. It works and only goes up to like $20 I think. 

Thanks for the the heads up!

22 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

V.L., The detail you have placed into this ad is certainly leaving no stone unturned. 

Anyone interested will know everything about the '55 before viewing it. 

Can I gather the long 1955 E Bay heading is to get the attention of those looking for a variety of '55's ? 

8 minutes ago, bobg1951chevy said:

V.L., The detail you have placed into this ad is certainly leaving no stone unturned. 

Anyone interested will know everything about the '55 before viewing it

Can I gather the long 1955 E Bay heading is to get the attention of those looking for a variety of '55's ? 

Thank you, my buddy Tim is the reason I haul cars to Oregon. He knows his stuff! He has his own collection and manages a new car Chevy dealership here. He is a certified appraiser for old cars, is always right on the money and has single handedly saved my life on several occasions! 

The title is standard on eBay. It’s a category that you choose and adds it to the heading. The only difference between the 3 is trim level, so they are basically search “keywords”. I have the Bel Air trim but the vin tells me it’s a 210. 

I spent the day posting links in various Facebook, tri-five and gasser groups. It’s trending at 150 views an hour, even in the one. 3600 views in 24 hours, 36 Bids, currently at $5,900. Hottest 24 hour listing I've ever had. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

11 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Saw my dad today. He doesn’t remember his cars or the two 4000 sq ft garages he had, but we did have a conversation about how he needs a bigger garage for more cars while he looked at car books. ?‍♀️?

He’s doing well and very well cared for. ❤️ Nothing else matters. 

535A3A3C-B964-4DA9-8DE3-2F9BEC9D46C2.jpeg

VL2 I just noticed is that a CHICAGO BEARS hat your dad has on?  It is their colors.  Being born and raised in Chicago and a lifelong GREENBAY PACKER fan maybe I should get your dad a proper hat.Even a SEAHAWKS hat would be better that that orange & blue !  

Miss Victoria shame on you. Here I though you were good to your pop. -- BEARS geezeeeeee! 

Dave S 

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SC38DLS said:

VL2 I just noticed is that a CHICAGO BEARS hat your dad has on?  It is their colors.  Being born and raised in Chicago and a lifelong GREENBAY PACKER fan maybe I should get your dad a proper hat.Even a SEAHAWKS hat would be better that that orange & blue !  

Miss Victoria shame on you. Here I though you were good to your pop. -- BEARS geezeeeeee! 

Dave S 

It is actually an Oregon Beavers hat! Haha He always rooted for the Patriots or Cowboys. Sorry! ?

We also discussed his hat collection. “Never can have too many hats”. He had one on and was carrying another around with him. I threw out a lot of old hats. They lined the walls of his office and had many on the shelves and in closets. Trucker and cowboy hats mostly. 

Oh wait, maybe it is a Bears hat? I don’t know where it came from. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Glad to hear you have someone helping you out with the values of your families cars/parts/tools. 

So many people have been a huge help. I could not have accomplished what I have without them.

I have Tim to help price, list and sell the cars, and others in Texas who have helped load cars, move stuff, get cars running, etc. Then there are the friends who have driven and flown down from Oregon to help me with the cars, go to the dump, fix things, price and sell tools, etc. 

So lucky that the right people have been available at the right time. It’s nothing short of devine intervention. 

16 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

So lucky that the right people have been available at the right time. It’s nothing short of devine intervention.

VL, somehow I believe there's more than luck involved.  You get what you give -- and it's plain to me that your dad raised you right!  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1