Title Description

Jogotz

Hi,everyone.A few months ago I bought a TC in Georgia.The title said Maserati on it from Georgia.I just had it transferred to Illinois and it came back Chrysler Town and Country on the title.Its the right vin number.Can anyone tell me how it's worded on their title.I don't want any problems down the road.Thanks.

On my AZ registration it reads   Year/Make    1989 CHRY

Body Style                  CV

THEY CHARGE ME $31.00 FOR 2 YEARS.

1989 Chr  TC con is exactly how it reads on mine.  You need to speak with somebody at your local DMV and make sure they know what the car is. Listing can change depending on the state. When i had mine transferred they actually had to look it up as they where not familial with it. The "tc" does not stand for town and country but turbo coupe and is a completely different vehicle.

My Washington title says Chrysler Town & Country. I know this isn't correct and might actually have it changed at some point.

They set registration costs here based on the car's value! Before they fixed it recently it was the MSRP of the vehicle when it was new (regardless of age)! Made it so POS farm trucks cost more to tag than they were worth! They finally fixed that and now they take depreciation into account. Last year my car was ~$120 to register for 1 year. My truck was about $160!

The taxes here in Washington are NUTS! They also have rolling-rate toll lanes (fairly sure these are actually illegal) in some places (I REFUSE to use). All because there's people in Seattle that have sold all the young techie kids the idea that they are going to have a mass-transit utopia...but there's no room and the techie kids are going to move before ANY of it is ever built...it's all a wasteful money grab that's getting stuffed into rich people's pockets. The problem is there's no other options to vote for.

On 2/21/2018 at 3:12 PM, 89Chryslerati said:

My title says 1989 Chrysler TC, my insurance company looked it up & in their system the vehicle comes back as "Chrysler's Town & Country by Maserati"

Time to change insurance companies or clarify the type of vehicle you have in case you ever have a claim.  Can they show you a picture of that  "Chrysler's Town & Country by Maserati"?

Edited by Hemi Dude (see edit history)