What to buy to convert a 6v heater motor to 12v

Novaduce

Hey Bob 

Thanks for replying I am trying to get it from 6 to 12v didn't know if there was some type of covertion regulator to do that. I also have a old school horn I want to install but I'm having the same issue. Didn't know if there was a aftermarket company that sells a motor for that heater core. Here's a pick of the truck I'm trying to install those pieces to. Thanks again Will 

15188748289501697733766.jpg

Will, I found a 12v motor on ebay a short time ago, it`s a little fatter and I had to modify the mount a little and shorten the shaft, but works perfect. Leece-Neville 4wire, can be wired for clockwise or counter clockwise rotation.  Here`s one one ebay, less than 2days left, #263448657265  Tom

1 minute ago, Novaduce said:

Has anyone had any luck on selling cars on this forum site I have a 1940 Buick 2 Dr coupe I'm trying to get rid of looking for $5000 need a to be put together.

1518876238005980990696.jpg

1518876279798646604137.jpg

Place in the Cars for Sale tab about three below this one.  Be sure to take good pictures of what you have and exact location of the car. (city & state)

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

Thanks Larry I just saw that topic. I have that and a four door that is all together the guy told me when I picked it up it was a runni g car it needed a clutch there's a new one in the trunk. I was going to use that for all the parts for the coupe. Will take 600 for both

Just now, Novaduce said:

Thanks Larry I just saw that topic. I have that and a four door that is all together the guy told me when I picked it up it was a runni g car it needed a clutch there's a new one in the trunk. I was going to use that for all the parts for the coupe. Will take 600 for both

Typo on the price? Hit edit to correct..

11 hours ago, Novaduce said:

Hey Bob 

Thanks for replying I am trying to get it from 6 to 12v didn't know if there was some type of covertion regulator to do that. I also have a old school horn I want to install but I'm having the same issue. Didn't know if there was a aftermarket company that sells a motor for that heater core. Here's a pick of the truck I'm trying to install those pieces to. Thanks again Will 

15188748289501697733766.jpg

If you have converted your truck to 12 volts and did not protect the 6 volt dash gas gauge with a resistor, the gauge will fail.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, Novaduce said:

My fault Bob I was having a brain Gary at the time. Where would I find a traitor to drop the voltage? An electronics store or is there a web site I can go to? 

Not all that often that I know exactly where to get something and I was going to attach the link, but Amazon has a better price on 12vdc to 6vdc 10amp step down power converters.  

Don't know what you did with the radio, but anyone with an old radio will find this link useful http://www.wjoe.com/elect_kits.htm