Oh dear what have I done

So it just about killed us yesterday in 42 degree Celsius heat but look at what followed me home now to get it packed away before the wife sees. At lease now I have some spare parts for my Chrysler 65 plus some for a 72 and whatever else is there I am both pleased with this and a little disturbed ?Thanks 

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

Wow, great parts stash. I bet that was a bunch of work to load up and then unload. Especially in 42 deg C weather, which if I calculate correctly is almost 108 deg F!!!!!!!!!

The complete engine/trans with all the shift levers, e-brake, etc is especially nice.

Just keep telling your wife -- spare parts are good, spare parts are good, spare parts are good. :D

That first engine looks to be a "M" engine for '27/'28 series 72. The integrated generator gives it away. The 2nd engine does not have the integrated generator.

Great score. Well done. 

It would have been character building in that heat, at least it wasn't 99% humidity.

Thanks for all the comments the location is a secret but it was not too far from home and hardly anyone new about it but all I can say is it still pays to say hello to people even if you don't know them. As for the humidity it was not 99% but it certainly wasn't low it was much more like being in the tropics but I guess we are in sub-tropics so this is expected from time to time. Lucky for me my wife is very understanding and as long as I pack it away out of sight well at least her sight I'm allowed to keep it. The cowl I doubt is a 80 Imperial model as I have seen a couple of 72 Roadster with this style that and the fact that I have never found anything as fancy as that. I will post some more photos and will get the engine numbers tomorrow that might give us a better idea . Thanks Ben

Hey Ben, do you  have both the external contracting ('27/28) and internal expanding ('28/29 & later) brake setups to compare.

I'm wondering how easy (or difficult) it would be change from the external contracting to internal expanding brakes on my '28 series 62.

Moak I just had look and all of the axles I got have the internal brakes here are few photos if you want more info let me know as I have never seen the external type I don't know how easy or difficult the conversion would be. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful 

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

Yeah I can't make make out the prefix letter on the block either but is definitely not a 65 it's bigger  and has a chain drive generator plus dual ignition points here is a photo of the the head it doesn't have silver dome marked on it like mine. I have 2 sets of front and rear axles that have spring shackles and one that run in runs in the rubber block system (65) the is at least 2 chassis that have the shackle set up and maybe I will find the 65 chassis on location too as still have more to collect. Here is some more photos of that engine 

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

Regarding the twin points distributor pictured above, my interchange book states that both the 72  and the 80 shared the same Delco Remy twin points distributor. But does not indicate the DR model number.

On 2/16/2018 at 1:07 PM, keiser31 said:

The way the reveal goes into the cowl gives it that Imperial 80 look. The other models had that detail stopping at the leading edge of the front doors.

Ooops....I see now that the 1928 Model 72 is a cowl match. The reveal DOES extend into the cowl on this model. Sorry for the incorrect post and thanks for the lesson.

1928 Chrysler 72.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Big rats here they have eaten most of the body ?. Moak the engine with the DR it's actually DB and that's a different engine to the one with the dual points sorry for the confusion I probably should have done different posts for the different engines. Keiser31 that was an easy mistake to make a lot of the Roadsters don't have that reveal and don't have the fold flat windscreen from looking through the book I have here it seems it was only the 72 Sport Roadster and the 80 Imperial Roadster. It's interesting to note I have another door here that has the the same bead line as the roadster door except it is not as long and is taller  I'm guessing it's from a tourer or maybe a different model. So now I think I have the engine gearbox front and rear ends all I need to find is the chassis on our next adventure, it is probably there some but how to identify it??. Can't wait to see what else we discover but probably can't get back to the property for a few weeks

49 minutes ago, Vintageben said:

Cool the only reason I think there should be a chassis with rubber blocks is that we found the blocks and caps the was also another much larger chassis there that I'm guessing was for the 72. 

So Ben, are you going tell where the entry to ali baba's cave is?

On 2/18/2018 at 4:44 PM, Vintageben said:

Sorry ? Unfortunately I'm sworn to secrecy so I cannot reveal where the location is. I may release this in say 25 years time actually it maybe sooner but who knows????

Great! I will only be 74yo in 25years.  And you know I will hold you to it....:)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So here is a few more bits we found yesterday on the trailer is Chrysler 62 chassis as well a 29 Chev chassis we also picked up some Oakland parts including radiator and motor. Got some really good doors and wheels as well as a really good Stromberg U2 carb  ? ? Great 28 lights and a few other odds and ends will post more photos later

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

• Like 1