New forest Cadillac

Pilgrim65

Noticed this car some years ago in garage in New Forest ,  which is south Uk , so while passing today perhaps  get a photo. The car was there , but 

its winter here , so car garaged and covered , but owners son kindly gave this photo of his sisters wedding . Not au fait with caddies , but love the car  and thought you guys would enlighten me. Thanks

cheers 

pilgrim 

EB1DF2F7-B195-4194-B381-D0DEBD0808A8.jpeg

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)

Looks like a 1937 Model 65 to me. Last year for a floor shift Cadillac , and the first year for the 346 cu. in. monoblock V8. These 346 flatheads ran through 1948 under constant improvment. These are extremely good cars. Fast , handle well , great brakes with the greatest ratio of swept area to weight in 1937 , if my memory serves. There is something delicate about the rear end/differential , but that taxes my memory into meltdown. When you get to look at it , you will see one of the most attractive instrument panels of the period. I fell in love with '37 Cads back in the '50s , I wish I still had one. Thank you for the wonderful happy picture !   - Carl 

Pilgrim , I certainly wish you an early Spring ! Other folks have found out the attraction to these cars with good reason. Consider yourself warned : Play around with '37 Cads long enough and you will have to own one. Particularly after you get some wheel time in them.  ?     - Carl 

Would love to own one , hope the owner takes to me , as I will certainly mention that I would love the option to offer , should he wish to sell in the future . He’s already disposed of two cars from his collection since  I last visited  a 30s Cadillac saloon and a beutiful cord ..

fingers crossed ?