CRC electric cleaner

ptt

Thanks for your replies.  I just replaced my coil pack and ICM.  The bracket holding the ICM was pretty clean nut the old coil was leaking down onto the radiator hose so it was time to replace it.  Upon starting the engine the idle was surging so I pullef the connector off the MAF and it normally idled.  MAF cleaning next...thus my original post.  Will post results.  Thanks all.

My cleaner is the plastic safe type.  So after spraying the MAF element there was no change...engine died after warming up from cold start.  Would not restart and remain running.  i waited for engine to completely cool and started back up.  I Unplugged the MAF and it continued to idle all the way thru warmup and never did die again.  So...is the MAF suspect?  This Reatta is the one that doesnt show complete letters and numerals when doing diagnostics.  I haven't been able to locate my OBD-I scanner to check it either.  I'm not sure I want to try to chance driving it to Autozone to see if they can scan it.  I'm wondering if they even carry OBD-I scanning capabilities anymore.  Anyone Know if they do?

New MAF seems to have fixed the stalling.  I recently put a new CRANK SENSOR on this Reatta and noticed that the HARMONIC BALANCER had a few small cracks in the rubber element.of it.  Not very big but there none the less.  Does the HB go bad all at once or will it last a little longer?  The last one I had go bad started to click at low RPM.

Replace the harmonic balancer ASAP. If it goes off axis,  it'll take out the crankshaft position sensor which will complicate your repair  (and make it more expensive). Such a failure will also leave you stranded, requiring a tow home or to a shop.