Enclosed Trailer Paint

On 2/9/2018 at 5:57 AM, Steve Braverman said:

I just bought a brand new enclosed trailer. I would like to paint the floor and interior walls. What is a good paint to use that will not lift under the tires? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I painted the walls of my trailer with white primer and white house paint. It make the inside of the trailer MUCH MUCH BRIGHTER inside than the bare wood walls were.

I used Thompson's water seal on the floor of my trailer. It does a good job of preventing fluids from seeping into the wood floor. I have E-Track in the floor of my trailer which helps provide a some traction when the tires are wet. If I didn't have the E-Track I probably would not have sealed the floor because doing so would have negativity impacted traction.

If you choose to paint the floor of your trailer good traction should be a concern. Last think you want to do is slide sideways if the tires lose traction when loading or unloading.

Charlie

I put inexpensive vinyl floor cover you can buy by the foot. I bought it at a wholesale building supply, picking a large checker board pattern which helps when you are trying to line up what you hauling.  After 7 years of use it is getting a little worn but figure in a couple more years I will spend a few dollars and replace it. Easy to put down and clean up spills. I just stapled the edges down. I painted the drop down door with some porch paint I had laying around and sprinkled sandblasting sand on it while it was wet to give a non slip surface.

• 1 month later...

Years ago when I was drag racing extensively around the Northwest I bought a Hallmark race trailer,26 ft. Blue sheet metal outside I painted the inside light gray. Then used very short nap indoor outdoor carpeting in medium blue glued to the floors and pull down ramp.Carpet looked nice and the hot slicks never pulled it up.Added cabinets up front with room for my rollaway tool box on one side, good to go.I went to Home Depot for the paint and rolled it on. Just plain house paint.The ceiling was white vinyl to which I added flourescent lights. I had it parked at home next to my shop so I could plug it in and do light maintenance on the race car. They are very handy.