Sign in to follow this  
DShip

Sequential Rear Directionals

I believe a number of Reatta owners here have successfully installed sequential rear directionals.  Can you tell me who's the preferred vendor, a ball park $$ cost, how easy were they to install, and what is the effect on the front directionals (if any)?  I'm interested in having them on my '91....thanks

As far as I know/remember 63viking [Jon] was the first. He bought the webelectric brand. I bought a set for the Red [1989] and they work great. I bought another set for the 'vert [1990] and have had no good luck. I believe I may have wired it incorrectly [but find that hard to believe as I did the Red and everything was great]. This spring I will take the 'vert over to Kendalls house and maybe he can figure it out.

At any rate the brand once again is Webelectric and it was the "Universal" kit and sells for about $75.00. I don't believe anyone has a custom harness for the Reatta.

Maybe Jon will chime in with advice.

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Dave...are the front directionals affected on your '89, like a slower rate of blink, or...?

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:46 PM, DAVES89 said:

As far as I know/remember 63viking [Jon] was the first. He bought the webelectric brand. I bought a set for the Red [1989] and they work great. I bought another set for the 'vert [1990] and have had no good luck. I believe I may have wired it incorrectly [but find that hard to believe as I did the Red and everything was great]. This spring I will take the 'vert over to Kendalls house and maybe he can figure it out.

At any rate the brand once again is Webelectric and it was the "Universal" kit and sells for about $75.00. I don't believe anyone has a custom harness for the Reatta.

Maybe Jon will chime in with advice.

I wonder if the cause is the '90 lights are wired differently at the rear? The outer two that flash come from the front harness (flasher?), the inner light operates from a relay on the right side of the trunk, at least true of the sedan. The flasher circuit from the front is what trips that relay for the inner light. I think you may have pointed out to me I had a light out and when I discovered it wasn't the bulb, that led me to the relay, which had no power to the block it plugged in to, which led me to the splices under the seat. Sort of convoluted, but maybe that is giving the sequencer fits, since power to the high filaments comes from two different sources??