Sign in to follow this  
West Peterson

Auburn Speedster paint scheme

This is my favorite paint scheme for an early Auburn Speedster, but I don't think I've ever seen one painted this way. Are there any restored cars like this? (Or any originals?)

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 1.00.30 PM.png

• Like 1

I like the tire chains and no top in the winter.  Now that's real sports car driving. 

That would make a great photo for my avatar. 

• Like 2

That’s a well known photo, looks like the car is black and possibly gray. Having driven a handful of Auburn Speedsters, I have come to the conclusion any color is fine by me.......they are just pure fun to drive. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I like the tire chains and no top in the winter.  Now that's real sports car driving. 

That would make a great photo for my avatar. 

The driver looks pretty tall in relation to the car. I'm not sure he *could* put the top up, even if he wanted to.

Edited by CBoz (see edit history)

On 2/3/2018 at 1:04 PM, West Peterson said:

This is my favorite paint scheme for an early Auburn Speedster, but I don't think I've ever seen one painted this way. Are there any restored cars like this? (Or any originals?)

I agree with you West.  I'm a big believer in one color, but the Auburn belt lines were designing for at least 2.   Most/many current color schemes are horrible.   Here are a couple that I saw at Pebble that I liked:

image.thumb.png.641dc63a35dbe8cf8d4b398a827faee4.png

image.png.0e279a482379ce107147551aa9e3e8cb.png

8 minutes ago, vintagerodshop said:

Here are two pictures of mine. I have since changed the tires to Blackwalls under the preasure of @alsancle.

Looks great.  Now get us some pictures with the real tires!

• Sad 1

Looks like it has a rear bumper from an Auburn using a rear trunk? Shouldn't speedster have a closer rear bumper bar? Just asking?

9 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

That is a nice looking paint job. I can not recall any painted like that today.

The current Rolls Royce Dawn would be the closest today.  https://www.caranddriver.com/rolls-royce/dawn

And with Rolls Royce's 'Bespoke' special order program, one can have it painted in ANY color combination, including those vintage Auburn colors. 

Craig 

AJ, the car had the new and trick Goodyear multiple rib side walls on it........a correct in the era design that have been out of production for quite a while. There were many positive comments on them. And, by the way, I just finished another set of wheels...........painted spokes so we can have blackwalls also.......where are my spoke covers?🤔