Looking for Rear bumper brackets to fit 1938 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup

Johncb

Hello All,

I was told the 1938 Dodge 1/2 ton pickups did not come original with a rear bumper and that another front bumper would be mounted for the rear especially if the vehicle was used more around  town and city. I am toying with the idea of mounting a bumper for the rear of my '38 P/U. since I drive it almost daily. I have another front bumper but I cannot seem to locate any rear brackets that will work as far as mounting to the rear frame and lining up with the bolt holes on the bumper. It had some late 40s Desoto or Chrysler bumpers on the truck before but I took those off as i want it to look more true to original 1938 since I do not see many Dodge . I found an original front bumper and bracket (now on the truck). I bought some rear bumper brackets for a 1938 Chevy 1/2 ton P/U but, not even close. My next try would be Ford since i heard they may have been similar. I know Plymouth were almost identical trucks with Dodge but, no can find. I would like to find something that would not look too modern and more of that era.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, John

Edited by Johncb
It was in the parts for sale section instead of parts wanted (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...