1920's Firetruck Help

Mark Gregory

Can anyone help this fellow with some information about a 1926 Reo Firetruck . The Reo Club can not seem to give him any details . Thanks 

Here is their Club in Action      

Bill Blunden, President
Thousand Islands Hose Haulers
Editor, SPAAMFAA Silver Trumpet
PO Box 296
Carthage, NY 13619
315-783-2324
Billblunden@gmail.com

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

Most fire vehicles back then were produced by companies that used commercial chassis' and mounted custom bodies and equipment.  Can you give us any more info and pictures.

Just knowing the manufacturer of the apparatus, i.e., Sanford, Young Fire, Foam-mite Childs, International Harvester, just to name a few would put the person in the right ball park. Looking at a fire book I came across the Buffalo Fire Appliance Corp. that stretched the wheelbase of a REO speedwagon to make a small triple combination For Kenilworth, NJ. in 1926. Quite a few have come and gone, including American La France.

ALF, the Engine Co. I was assigned to had 1980 American LaFrance. When It was being built several of us went up to Elmira, NY, to see the Fire Engine being built and was given a tour of the factory. Sad to see it go. Do you know what is in the complex now? When the LaFrance was replaced the city gave us a Seagraves pumper. That Seagraves was a monster compared to the LaFrance.